http://www.myspace.com/charlieeverywhere2

Really been enjoying this pair over the past week or so.
They have a familiar sound but at the same time it's original.
Good stuff, check it out.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
how have i never heard of them? they are from 30 minutes away from where i live...

i'm excited to see that there is someone making interesting music in my area.
Yeah it's more inoffensive rather than amazingly good, but that just appeals at the moment.

Quote by uhh_me?
how have i never heard of them? they are from 30 minutes away from where i live...

i'm excited to see that there is someone making interesting music in my area.

Don't know if they would have gigged it with regularity so probably stayed relatively low to the ground and just handed out demos to labels. How do two people play stuff like this live? On a laptop? Drums and keyboard? Backing tracks?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i would at least think that i would have gotten an email from them. not one to me, but to my college's radio station for which i am music director. i know that college radio would be the first place i would use to gain exposure.
Ah, yeah would be logical. Maybe they're too hip for college types...

RateYourMusic
Ah, nice one!
Still really liking their sound, just hope they can replicate it live.
I'm going to guess their set up will consist of a laptop, guitar and keyboard.

RateYourMusic
they were much more pounding live, but that could have been the mixing. the guy doing sound wasn't very good for the other bands. they did a phenomenal cover of Arpeggi, one of the only times i can ever remember a band covering Radiohead and not hating it. they also played Running From The Cops and said that they hadn't played it in a while, so that seemed like it was something special.

i was a little upset that they didn't have a cd or anything to pick up though, it would be nice to be able to listen to them without having to deal with myspace.

if i remember correctly, which i might not, the live set up was a laptop, 2 synths (i can't remember what ones or if it was 1 synth and 1 keyboard), some sort of a sampler, guitar with loop/delay pedal (i think it was the line 6 dl4), and a kaoss pad. i am pretty sure that i am missing something, but i can't think of what.
Download them via file2hd.com or something.

Who did 'Running from the cops'?

Usually bands slaughter Radiohead when they attempt a cover so that shows some promise.

Probably just one level too high on the mixing desk or something, bit of a shame. Worth going to though?

Sounds like they have the set up sorted. The DL4 is lovely, so many options with it and line 6 stuff always looks easy to use.

RateYourMusic
i just downloaded the tracks off of their myspace with download helper, but everything off of myspace seems to be pretty low sound quality. i guess it will do for now though...

Running From the Cops is one of their songs, i was just trying to recall the set.
Oh yeah!

Myspace in general is low quality. It's something at least... Hopefully the CD isn't too far away though.

RateYourMusic
word on the street is that they have been signed. seems like 09 could be a big year for them.
Last edited by uhh_me? at Feb 23, 2009,
news! news!

-they changed their name to Phantogram
-they are playing SWSW in the same showcase with a couple of more well known bands like Alaska in Winter and Voxtrot
-i think that their EP is sort of available now, unless they are just selling it at shows and it really isn't available to the wider public yet...
so, the full length is out...thoughts?

personally, i would be more impressed had been coming up on two years since i first heard most of the songs.