Page 1 of 2
i need sumi that is metal but not like too metal cause its for a talent show and sumin that isnt very complicated because we have about 4 months and we are all noobs tyvm also if possible try to include a song the adults/ kids would instantly recognize but not overplayed
hmm

some incubus, 311, tool, nirvana, foo fighters

all good bands and if u can learn songs by them it should fit your criteria
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
paranoid-black sabbath it will kill and rape in that order
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
1. Duchess Says: Anthologie des 3 Perchoirs
2. Menace Ruine: Cult of Ruins
3. Torngat: You Could Be
4. Sam Shalabi: Eid
5. Nadja: Radiance of Shadows

These are all hit songs from popular bands that are sure to get the audience to go crazy!
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Duality-Slipknot
Down With The Sickness-Disturbed (vocals may be a bit tough to do because of the unique voice)
Voodoo-Godsmack
Cowboys From Hell or Walk-Pantera (depending on how noobish you actually are, might be a bit tough)
Bulls On Parade-Rage Against The Machine
Chop Suey! or Toxicity-System Of A Down (vocals may be very hard to replicate)
Man In The Box-Alice In Chains (not really metal but still heavy, would fit with rest too)

Hopefully I was of some help.

Edit: Enter Sandman would be a good one, but the solo could be tough. And you could do something by Korn, like Coming Undone or Freak On A Leash.
Last edited by drag_the_waters at Jun 29, 2008,
ace of spades, blinded by fear, living after midnight, symphony of destruction(or equivalent megadeth song), i dont wanna stop(or a classic ozzy/sabbath song depending if people will like new or old, play dee as an interlude before it or something)
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
metal but not too metal?

Incubus - A Certain Shade of Green
P.O.D - Boom
Metallica - Sanitarium
Van Halen - Unchained
Quote by Zacky Zoijian
hmm

some incubus, 311, tool, nirvana, foo fighters

all good bands and if u can learn songs by them it should fit your criteria

i'm sure a bunch of "noobs" will be able to cover tool? are you serious?
Quote by InvaderTSN
Uh.....

The Trooper-Iron Maiden
Breaking the Law-Judas Priest
Heaven and Hell-Black Sabbath
Mr. Crowley-Ozzy Osbourne
Fermented Offal Discharge-Necrophagist

lmfao
Quote by sounforgiven
enter sandman by metallica.. very easy

Not if you play the whole thing.
Fade to Black's a much better song and its easier.
Personally Id play some hendrix though.
Last edited by Zeldaik at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by InvaderTSN
Uh.....

The Trooper-Iron Maiden
Breaking the Law-Judas Priest
Heaven and Hell-Black Sabbath
Mr. Crowley-Ozzy Osbourne
Fermented Offal Discharge-Necrophagist

Haha, that would be hilarious. Play a bunch of Classic Rock/Heavy Metal stuff and then play a death metal song. People would probably **** themselves when the song started playing.
Quote by tona_107
i'm sure a bunch of "noobs" will be able to cover tool? are you serious?

Tool is ****ing easy **** man.
Running Free ~ Iron Maiden

Symptom of the Universe ~ Black Sabbath

Stand Alone ~ Iced Earth

Leper Messiah ~ Metallica

Welcome to Hell ~ Venom
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by guitarhero_764

yeah its not like you need a monstrous kit to cover danny, but alright, whatever you say, why don't you get your band to do a cover of lateralus or something and upload it. i'd LOVE to hear it.
Last edited by tona_107 at Jun 29, 2008,
Come As You Are - Nirvana (not really metal, more grunge)
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Iron Maiden - Black Sabbath
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

I'd recommend something Classic Rock though... Like a classic that everyone would recognize...
no wait, play fire it up by black label society. i love that song i have no idea why haha i dont really like any other bls songs. get a talkbox and everything. you can make one for cheap.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
hmmm misery business-paramore
teenagers-mcr
dance, dance-fall out boy
Umbrella-rihanna
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by guitarhero_764

The riffs are easy, for the most part. But the time signatures are ****ed up. And for the drummer, just no, not gonna happen. The bassist has some pretty crazy basslines in some of the songs too. And no one, at a talent show, can sing like Maynard James Keenan. For an entire band to do a Tool song takes A LOT of talent. Sober may be possible, minus the drums and vocals.
To sum it up, you are wrong and ignorant.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Pick 5 random Metallica songs that are from 1983 to 1991

Fixed.

I suggest anything from Metallica's black album. It's probably the easiest "metal" you'll find.

Try "Wherever I May Roam", though the solo may be a little tough..

Or the song Runnin' Wild by Airbourne.

I hate that band for raping AC/DC's music.

But it's still halfway decent stuff.

OH, MY HEART IS TORN ASUNDER BETWEEN THY RIFFS AND UNORIGINALITY!
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jun 29, 2008,
Quote by drag_the_waters
The riffs are easy, for the most part. But the time signatures are ****ed up. And for the drummer, just no, not gonna happen. The bassist has some pretty crazy basslines in some of the songs too. And no one, at a talent show, can sing like Maynard James Keenan. For an entire band to do a Tool song takes A LOT of talent. Sober may be possible, minus the drums and vocals.
To sum it up, you are wrong and ignorant.

thank you for reiterating my point, friend.
Quote by tona_107
thank you for reiterating my point, friend.

No problem, I get pissed when people are ignorant.
Quote by tona_107
yeah its not like you need a monstrous kit to cover danny, but alright, whatever you say, why don't you get your band to do a cover of lateralus or something and upload it. i'd LOVE to hear it.

Well, I don't have a band. But once I get a new mic I'll upload Vicarious if you really want(it'll just be the guitar part)
Quote by meganh37
Come As You Are - Nirvana (not really metal, more grunge)
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Iron Maiden - Black Sabbath
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

I'd recommend something Classic Rock though... Like a classic that everyone would recognize...

The song Iron Maiden is by Iron Maiden. The song Black Sabbath is by Black Sabbath. What are you trying to say?
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Symphony Of Destruction - Megadeth (Easy riffs, hard solo)
Jump In The Fire - Metallica (Easy...)
A National Acrobat - Black Sabbath (Hell yeah!)

Or something else by those bands.

Also, you can check out something by Van Halen (Jump always works), Deep Purple (NOT Smoke On The Water!!) and Alice Cooper.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Symphony Of Destruction - Megadeth (Easy riffs, hard solo)
Jump In The Fire - Metallica (Easy...)
A National Acrobat - Black Sabbath (Hell yeah!)

Or something else by those bands.

Also, you can check out something by Van Halen (Jump always works), Deep Purple (NOT Smoke On The Water!!) and Alice Cooper.

Space Truckin' is relatively easy.

Space truckin', c'mon!
Quote by guitarhero_764
Well, I don't have a band. But once I get a new mic I'll upload Vicarious if you really want(it'll just be the guitar part)

You are a dumb piece of ****. Congrats you can play a GUITAR PART. You don't have a band so you don't know how hard it can be to play things together with other people at the same time. And you are still completely ignorant to the talent of the rest of the band, they are all amazing at what they do, and it is very hard to replicate a complete song of theirs. Btw Adam Jones is a tremendously talented and creative guitarist. I'd like to see you try to write half as a good a song as him.
Jane's Addiction-Three Days, Had A Dad, Ocean Size, Summertime Rolls, Been Caught Stealing
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Are you gonna be my girl-Jet

fun, well known, upbeat music (hint: that's what you want for the beginning)
1. "Lay down" or "I am the night, Colour me black" - Priestess. Cool, VERY easy
2. "Freya", "Winter's Wolves", "Iron Swan", - The Sword. ANY of The Sword, but they might not be that popular among the crowd.
3."Blood and Thunder," "Colony of Birchmen" - Mastodon. Less than easy.
4. "Woman", "Joker And The Thief" - Wolfmother
5. "A Favor House Atlantic", "Welcome Home" - Coheed & Cambria
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by drag_the_waters
You are a dumb piece of ****. Congrats you can play a GUITAR PART. You don't have a band so you don't know how hard it can be to play things together with other people at the same time. And you are still completely ignorant to the talent of the rest of the band, they are all amazing at what they do, and it is very hard to replicate a complete song of theirs. Btw Adam Jones is a tremendously talented and creative guitarist. I'd like to see you try to write half as a good a song as him.

Dude...chill. Tool is one of my favorite bands, when did I ever say they didn't have talent, or I could write better than Adam Jones? Seriously, just calm down, its just an internet forum rofl.
Quote by guitarhero_764
when did I ever say they didn't have talent

When you said, and i quote: "Tool is ****ing easy **** man." I'm pretty sure that's insinuating that Tool has no talent. I'm sorry but like I said before it pisses me off when people are ignorant.
Page 1 of 2