Does anyone know what will give me a nice gritty/clean sound? not quite distorted, but still a nice little growl, the closest I've gotten to the sound I'm looking for is my ValveKing on the lead channel with the gain down low, but I realy need to get the sound on my clean channel, so I can switch over to a more distorted higher gain sound quickly....I mostly just need it for a specific song I wrote with my band, and we can't play it live untill I can get the sound on my clean channel.
So any advice?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Definately an OD pedal.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
All I have is a reverb pedal, so I don't realy no much about pedals....but wouldn't an overdrive be more distorted than clean? can you controll the gain level on the pedal?
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Get a footswitch for your amp
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I have a footswich, but I can only get the sound I'm looking for on my lead channel, and I need it on the clean so I can switch over to a more distorted sound quickly for a specific song....but thanks, I'll look into an OD
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
you could get a clean boost like an ehx lpb-1 or lpb-2, when they are turned up you get a nice borderline gritty clean tone.