I recently started playing guitar. i didnt know a thing about them, and i realized after a while( I found this guitar tucked away in my attic.) i was playing a classical. i played an acustic at my friends house and i prefer the feel of that one. Im planning to but an ibenez acustic, but that might not be for a while.(money problems) Should i continue playing the classical for now, and is there anything you can tell me about the differences between guitars and what i should practice on the classcal?
its a guitar and its on the same tuning so you can practice/play whatever you want. If it was me I'd focus on classical or fingerpicking songs.
Yes,you'll still learn stuff on a classical.

I started off on one and played what I went on to play on a steel string.
Though,classicals are generally for fingerpicking songs.
Everything said above is correct; however, to maintain an interest in music, you should play things that you enjoy. Classical guitars were designed for finger picking, but that's not to say that you couldn't tune to drop-C and lay down the chugga-chugga. Granted, it'll sound funny, but it's still better than playing things you don't enjoy.

Don't let your gear limit your choices! Just remember: Has strings, will travel.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Personally I wouldn't get an Ibanez acoustic guitar if you're saving your money for a real acoustic guitar. Many of the people on UG will probably agree with me when I say that Ibanez doesn't make very good acoustic guitars...There are way better guitars in any price range than Ibanez. Just a suggestion before you waste your money on something that's not going to perform well.
Also a valid point. If you already have a bare-bones guitar to practice on for now (the classical), then you might be better off waiting and getting something better down the road. The Ibanez isn't going to blow you away, I promise.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.