I just came back from a week-long Jesus Camp..actually it's Dominican Preaching Conference.

I'm remotely religious, let me tell you that. And I'm still the same. I had a lot of bad impressions about it at first but after a couple of days, I wished we could stay longer. It was an eye opening experience. I'm too lazy to explain but if you didn't know the name of the event and left out one or two religious lectures, you wouldn't think you were in some kind of god camp.

So me and 4 other girls came there and we were wondering what the hell we got ourselves into. We had no idea.

Let's see what you guys think of conferences or camps like these and we'll see how correct your presumptions are.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
i went on a mission trip once. i built an outhouse
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by gagnerants
the leaders are pedos

No one's been sexually harassed by the leaders. We, the participants, harassed each other.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by gagnerants
sexually?

Well, we were kind of harassed during lights out to literally shut our lights off.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by InvaderTSN
Sounds hot.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I've been to them. They really are amazing experiences. However, that high you get from them only lasts about a week.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by kikaykitko
Well, we were kind of harassed during lights out to literally shut our lights off.

You were raped unconscious?!?!?
Quote by gagnerants
yeah I kinda want to go now lol thats if I get to get busy repopulating the world

You can't since they don't allow guys in the girls' floor. Besides, there's a lot more to do there than repopulating the world.
Quote by Jackal58
The leaders are all child-molesters, everyone's a bible-thumping retard, everyone hates faggots, everyone will kill over abortion, everyone violently opposes stem-cell research, everyone is a gun-toting douchebag, everyone has fucked their sister, everyone is a flag-wielding nationalist cunt, everyone is missing teeth, everyone hates non-Christians, everyone hates agnostics even more, everyone hates atheists even more than agnostics, everyone despises the idea of a non-theocracy.

I think I touched upon most stereotypes.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I had to go to the NCYC (National Catholic youth Conference) for our school retreat. It was retarded. There was this guy who had no arms and was playing the guitar, I have seen better non-armed guitarist, so I yelled out FREEEBIRD. I do not think he heard me because there were 20,000 people there. My friends laughed though. Also I had to sit through some abstinence speech it was so DUMB.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
i could have taken u to an identical camp, and changed Jesus' name to Auxilox. all the stories i would tell u form the bible would be changed around, i would tell u a differnt 10 commandments. i would tell u Auxilox is coming in 20 years and u should be good and tell as many people as u can about him. i would tell u that u must accept him as ur one and only savior to get into heaven. i would tell u that our holy land is Virginia instead of Nazareth, and that he came down 200 years ago.

and you would still believe it. u see, if i were to tell u the color yellow was purple since the day u were born, u wouldn't know any different. same with relgion. if u never hear another (rational) side of things, chances r it will be hard for u to break the cycle unless u can hear opposing views.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
The leaders are all child-molesters, everyone's a bible-thumping retard, everyone hates faggots, everyone will kill over abortion, everyone violently opposes stem-cell research, everyone is a gun-toting douchebag, everyone has fucked their sister, everyone is a flag-wielding nationalist cunt, everyone is missing teeth, everyone hates non-Christians, everyone hates agnostics even more, everyone hates atheists even more than agnostics, everyone despises the idea of a non-theocracy.

Awesome. They were actually really very open about different sexual orientations. And you don't even have to be Catholic to be there. I mean there weren't any Muslims but they didn't care if you were non-Christian. Pretty much most, not all, of those were untrue.

you'd be surprised about how normal people in these things are.
Quote by Jackal58
I used to know a girl who was fun to be around, then she went to a camp and came back a raging bitch.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by TSmitty6
i could have taken u to an identical camp, and changed Jesus' name to Auxilox. all the stories i would tell u form the bible would be changed around, i would tell u a differnt 10 commandments. i would tell u Auxilox is coming in 20 years and u should be good and tell as many people as u can about him. i would tell u that u must accept him as ur one and only savior to get into heaven. i would tell u that our holy land is Virginia instead of Nazareth, and that he came down 200 years ago.

and you would still believe it. u see, if i were to tell u the color yellow was purple since the day u were born, u wouldn't know any different. same with relgion. if u never hear another (rational) side of things, chances r it will be hard for u to break the cycle unless u can hear opposing views.

I would most definitely take spiritual advise from someone who says "u" instead of "you", amongst other glaring errors.

Just joking around man.

EDIT: And I just wanted to say that I'm a Christian, and I don't fit any of the stereotypes Dirtydeeds listed. At least, I don't think I do...? Just to contribute to the discussion.
Quote by gagnerants
I'm still waiting what else is there to do other than **** and jerk it

There were loads of presentations there: stuff from the Iraq war to corporate world values to crafts, to culture. It's a modern aproach to preaching so it was fun. Not the preaching part but the learning part. And we had mini-concerts at masses. It wasn't really so much of what we did but more of the energy there was.

**** I sound like a cardigan wearing bible reading girl right now. =/
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by kikaykitko

**** I sound like a cardigan wearing bible reading girl right now. =/

that kinda sounds hot if you wore glasses
Quote by gagnerants
that kinda sounds hot if you wore glasses

I do actually.

Quote by gnomieowns
mini-concerts? elaborate.

People played guitars, drums, bass, piano, everything there was and people were singing like crazy. It was pretty amazing.
Quote by Jackal58
I strongly suggest you watch the documentary entitled "Jesus Camp". Now that is an eye opening experience.

Anyways, it sounds like you had a good time AND I just found this really funny gif. image. Don't worry, it pertains to the the topic somewhat being it's from the aforementioned documentary "Jesus Camp".

Raptor Jebus!!!!
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
I strongly suggest you watch the documentary entitled "Jesus Camp". Now that is an eye opening experience.

Anyways, it sounds like you had a good time AND I just found this really funny gif. image. Don't worry, it pertains to the the topic somewhat being it's from the aforementioned documentary "Jesus Camp".

Raptor Jebus!!!!

Holy ****, people were NOT acting like that. It was actually like regular school, minus the excessive swearing and flirting. Plus loads of sweet workshops.

That was funny though
Quote by Jackal58
i use to go to one of the most religiously-catholic high schools in new york.... we were directly under the bishop's diction for crying out loud.

yeah, there were those moments where i really was spiritually uplifted, but the boring times did heavily outweigh those
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

+1
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

You forgot "them Islamists".
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.