I'm looking for some opinions here.

What do you people think is the best acoustic guitar - to be purchased new - for $500 or less?

Thanks.
"Music is like religion to me. There'll be music in the hereafter too..." -- Jimi Hendrix

"The sun is gone, but I have light..." -- Kurt Cobain

"It's better to burn out then to fade away..." -- Neil Young
it kinda depends on the style you play
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Epiphone Masterbilt Series. I recommend either the EF-500M or the DR-500M. Both are very good choices. Check em out they are the best for the price range IMHO.
I've really enjoyed my Takamine G series.... don't know if you're looking for just acoustic or a/e, but it's got nice, low action and a balanced sound.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Style-wise I play basically everything you can think of. Mainly however I play a lot of open chords so I guess I'm looking for a genuine, acoustic sound if that makes any sense.

*Edit: I'm looking for an acoustic/electric, with a good pick-up.
"Music is like religion to me. There'll be music in the hereafter too..." -- Jimi Hendrix

"The sun is gone, but I have light..." -- Kurt Cobain

"It's better to burn out then to fade away..." -- Neil Young
Quote by teenage_cobain
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Style-wise I play basically everything you can think of. Mainly however I play a lot of open chords so I guess I'm looking for a genuine, acoustic sound if that makes any sense.

*Edit: I'm looking for an acoustic/electric, with a good pick-up.

i would say that you would benefit from visiting a large-ish guitar store and trying a few. also, have you considered just buying a nice acoustic and getting a plug for the soundhole with an pickup built in (sorry, for the life of me i cannot think of the correct term atm)

Judders has spoken....
for a/e, takamines are pretty much the best you can get electronics wise under 500.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray