if i change the bridge in my p bass(see sig) for a gotoh 201 will i need to setup the bass? like neck relief? or just adjust the bridge saddles for action
i really, but really hate to mess with my truss rod, its really hard to move and i am going for a pro set up next weekend, but my bridge arrives in a month
so setup the neck with a pro now? and then put the bridge and adjust it my self
or wait the whole month with my damn uncofortable bass and setup after the bridge is put

PS sorry my english
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I'd wait till after the bridge installation before getting a pro set up. There'll be no tension on the neck when you replace the bridge, so that will affect relief, even if only a little bit. Give it a quick setup yourself now, and get the pro one later.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'd wait till after the bridge installation before getting a pro set up. There'll be no tension on the neck when you replace the bridge, so that will affect relief, even if only a little bit. Give it a quick setup yourself now, and get the pro one later.

is just imposible
i have tried for 2 weeks to adjust the truss rod, but its imposible, its just too hard at this point
any advice on how to setup, is taking away the neck a good idea?, or will that make it just worst?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
You must have done something very stupid if it won't turn. Either you've overtigethened it, which would give the neck a stupid amount of backbow, or you've stripped the nut. ALWAYS loosen slightly before making an adjustment. If there is too much backbow, you'll be loosening it anyway. If you've stripped the nut, you are f*cked.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You must have done something very stupid if it won't turn. Either you've overtigethened it, which would give the neck a stupid amount of backbow, or you've stripped the nut. ALWAYS loosen slightly before making an adjustment. If there is too much backbow, you'll be loosening it anyway. If you've stripped the nut, you are f*cked.

i.ll losse it before tightening, also when i what to loose it works fine, then i tight again an i can only go to the point where i am now
the same thing happened when i tried to set up 5 months ago, so i take it to a pro and he did the work fine but i i changed strings and that changed the intonation of the neck i gues, after all the string thas had were really old and maybe diferent gauge

EDIT: i know my english is not easy to understand
but i find this pic that could help a little bit
http://www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup/bass_neck_relief.html
my bass is up bowed, with too much relief
also i havent move the truss more than 1/12 of turn, i am really scared of messing with that thing
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Jun 30, 2008,
Maybe you just need to lift some weights so you can get a bit more muscle?
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
active neck humbucker really contributes to that tone
My Gear

fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400