Page 1 of 3
Hey this band called revocation from my local area of Boston have just finally come out with their first album. They are quite unknown and do you part out and spread the word
Its extremely original genre defying stuff man
http://www.myspace.com/revocation
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
I don't see how this is genre defying, but it's definitely good.

They're from Massachusetts, which=10 extra cool points.
Not bad. They have a sweet logo too.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Not genre defying in any way.

Easily deathcore.

Vocalist is decent, guitarists are tame. Drummer is the same as every other metal drummer, and the bassist is only barely above audible.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Check out later, I'm gonna go practice
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Oooo, look at me I'm the Vituoso I practice. olol

fail
Facebook.com/Notafluke
They sound pretty deathcorey to me too.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
The vocalist basically stamps them into the genre. The distorted guitars and drums have a very deathcore feel to them.

The only thing that I wouldn't put as dxc is the clean break in Suffer These Wounds...

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Man, this is good! Wow, it's almost more progressive than straight metal. I love it.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Seriously?

The guitars don't anything like thrash, well they sound kind of like the New Wave bands but nothing like decent thrash (well, decent imo).

And, how can you not hear the -core influence? I thought it was pretty obvious on 3 of the songs on there.

Quote by eggsandham2
They have breakdowns on Empire of The Obscene I think.

The clean(ish) vocals of Age of Iniquity really caught me offguard lol.

I actually really like this. You wouldn't happen to have a link to something I would want, do you?
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Theyre coming out? Whats so special about homosexuality in Massachusetts?

Eh, not bad. They sound like everyone else. Not bad, but not special.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
I'll give you the breakdowns in Empire of Obscenity. As well as the pig vocals in Fields of Predation. But those are the only parts where I can hear -core influences. The rest of it just sounds like melodic groove-thrash. Like if Pantera skullfucked Arsis.
And, the title track is melodic groove-thrash?

They sound like a fast deathcore band, to my ears.

Quote by eggsandham2
Like I said, Pantera skullfucking Arsis. Some parts sound like melodeath, others like groove. I only hear deathcore in one part of Empire (which isn't a particularly core-ish breakdown) and in the pig vocals in Fields.
Good point but i havent heard alot of bands bring in some breakdowns and pig vocals into techy thrash. Give this band a break they arent even signed on a label too! they also picked the worst songs for the myspace. And lots of slap bass !
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Demonikk
Barely original
If you want something like this, but good, check out these guys
www.myspace.com/sylosis

That band is kinda generic I have heard that same progression a ton in the 1st song and the vox are kinda lame.
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Slaytanic1993
The vocalist basically stamps them into the genre. The distorted guitars and drums have a very deathcore feel to them.

The only thing that I wouldn't put as dxc is the clean break in Suffer These Wounds...

D000d his voice sounds really crossover thrashy to me. Can anyone else hear the punkiness in his voice?
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Nice triple post
and now that you mention it, yeah, a little
Facebook.com/Notafluke
His voice sounds like a standard Deathcore vocalist.

That's not a bad thing, I find some dxc pleasureable, but everyone is getting their twats in a twist because they disagree with my take on the band, jeez.

And, holy mother of a triple post.

Lern 2 edit.

Quote by eggsandham2
It may sound more original to some people, here in London every other band in the metal scene is trying to pull of the 'progressive/technical death metal/deathcore' thing, and when every band sounds like this, it gets hella boring
ohai little sig.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
His voice sounds like a standard Deathcore vocalist.

I disagree. Most deathcore vocalists either A) use excessive pig growls, B) try to do really low growls and fail, C) do really high shrieks (Carnifex, BMTH), or D) do typical metalcore screams This vocalist falls more in the midrange growl/shout area. He kinda reminds me of the vocalist from Evile.
Definately not my thing..............
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

maybe I havent listened to enough core but I dont really believe his voice is coreish... I can understand what he's saying pretty clearly, and... yeah I dont hear anything corish much in the guitars either... hm I dont really see chugging of just one string as corish usually what gives me that core feel is chugged chords and well a very obvious melodic progression... though I dont see myself listening to this that much

haha well I can totally see it in the solo of suffer these wounds
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Jun 30, 2008,
Slaytanic I think you have been listening to too much deathcore :P
The only think I can identify as being slightly-core is the vocals - I can agree to this completely.
As for everything else, its closer to thrash than core to me.
I really don't care what genre to label them or where to point out little things in their music to scrutinize. Overall, this is really good.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

There album I think just came out and the songs on it are much better then the myspace songs! All the slap bass and even megadeth esque parts
people just think they are core because they have some breakdowns and pig vocals its basically technical crossover thrash lol
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
Quote by Lukeisonfire
There album I think just came out and the songs on it are much better then the myspace songs! All the slap bass and even megadeth esque parts
people just think they are core because they have some breakdowns and pig vocals its basically technical crossover thrash lol

If you have the album, can you upload it please?
Quote by Scourge441
If you have the album, can you upload it please?

Yeah, me too. I think they rock but I want them on my iPod. One song is fine.
It says right there "Technical Douche Thrash"

Though... they aren't really that technical... and they aren't thrash. At least they got one part right.

All in all they aren't bad though.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Page 1 of 3