I'm looking to get a tube amp. The Kustom Coupe and Crate V3112 are looking nice, but I really don't understand the point of having a two channel foot-switchable amp with a single eq for both channels. Maybe someone can explain the reason behind this design, because I don't get it. I feel like I won't be able to switch channels in the middle of a song because the eq won't be right for both channels.

its cheaper than having separate EQs.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
it's for people who may only use one channel or who don't mind having the same EQ setting for both channels. You can get a separate EQ pedal for the other channel if you're fussy though
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
it's for people who may only use one channel or who don't mind having the same EQ setting for both channels. You can get a separate EQ pedal for the other channel if you're fussy though

how would he put the eq pedal for just one channel? just wondering.
Quote by NSHSpolevault
how would he put the eq pedal for just one channel? just wondering.

1. Set the amp EQ for one channel to your liking.
2. Switch to the other channel.
3. Set the pedal EQ (with the pedal engaged) to your liking for the second channel.

Then, just engage the pedal every time you want to use that second channel.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
1. Set the amp EQ for one channel to your liking.
2. Switch to the other channel.
3. Set the pedal EQ (with the pedal engaged) to your liking for the second channel.

Then, just engage the pedal every time you want to use that second channel.

so basically ur just using one channel with the eq overpowering the first channel?

or do u have to switch the channel and the eq at the same time?
You're using the pedal EQ to adjust for the second channel. So it'd be like this:

Channel 1 (set with the amp EQ) = EQ pedal OFF

Channel 2 (set with the pedal EQ) = EQ pedal ON

So you're right, you do have to switch both at the same time.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I have the Kustom coupe and the single EQ has never been an issue. I dont adjust it whole lot I use the tone on the guitar and pedals. Im not sure where they would put the extra 3 knobs for a second EQ on the coupe.
Quote by DrNick
You're using the pedal EQ to adjust for the second channel. So it'd be like this:

Channel 1 (set with the amp EQ) = EQ pedal OFF

Channel 2 (set with the pedal EQ) = EQ pedal ON

So you're right, you do have to switch both at the same time.

ok thanks. just wondering.
depends a lot on the amp imo, some amps are better at both channels sounding good with the same EQ settings, some aren't. I personally have never liked the shared EQ's. I'll live with it if adding it to the circuit is going to compromise a great OD channel, but I would rather have an EQ for both channels if given the choice.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah i wish my Fender HRD had separate EQs. But i am fine with it having one.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.