I've been playing since I got my guitar for x-mas and I've been practicing at least an hour a day, if not more. I can play Blackbird, Stairway to Heaven, That'll Be The Day, Blue Suede Shoes, and a lot more. I know the power chords and barre chords, and have been working on alternate picking as well. Right now I'm working on bending with vibrato, but I'm not sure what else to work on. do you think this is good progress?
wow for asking such a stupid question and then deciding to post no video gets you a you are DOING absolutely horrible, please quit the guitar now
Yea, it sounds like you're going good. Have you tried sweep picking yet? Also, learning the major and minor scales and their variants will also help alot.
If this kid can learn to sweep in less than a year im quiting guitar. x_x
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
sounds like you might like to start getting into writing some of your own stuff. Let me warn you in the beginning, maybe even for a while, it prolly won't be very good, but you gotta start somewhere. You might want to look at some theory to help you along, btw theres a ton of articles on various parts of theory on this site.

cheers
Quote by Taxi_06
I've been playing since I got my guitar for x-mas and I've been practicing at least an hour a day, if not more. I can play Blackbird, Stairway to Heaven, That'll Be The Day, Blue Suede Shoes, and a lot more. I know the power chords and barre chords, and have been working on alternate picking as well. Right now I'm working on bending with vibrato, but I'm not sure what else to work on. do you think this is good progress?

Progressed better than me
Quote by :-D
Regardless of your guitar progress, you're making terrible progress at reading and following rules.

*reported*

Exactly.
Please read the forum annoucement. It contains all the rules.

Closed
Been away, am back