I know how to improvise in the blues scale in a "minor" or blues chord progression but what scale would you use to solo in a major chord progression?
I want to be able to improvise solos that sound "major" ex. the first Comfortably Numb solo, Knockin' on Heaven's Door solo (Guns N' Roses version), etc..
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I would suggest using the corresponding D major pentatonic scale. It's more prefered for people new to improvising.

Generally the chord progression underneath will make your progression sound major, not the scale you choose.
Quote by demonofthenight
I would suggest using the corresponding D major pentatonic scale. It's more prefered for people new to improvising.

Generally the chord progression underneath will make your progression sound major, not the scale you choose.

Aren't the pentatonics some what minor though? I personally would just use a major scale.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Aren't the pentatonics some what minor though? I personally would just use a major scale.

No, the major pentatonic is major - 1 2 3 5 6 are the most consonant notes you can play in a major key, and that's why the major pentatonic scale is constructed as such.
Quote by :-D
No, the major pentatonic is major - 1 2 3 5 6 are the most consonant notes you can play in a major key, and that's why the major pentatonic scale is constructed as such.

I missed the part where he said "major pentatonic" and just assumed it was the minor. My bad guys.
Portugal. The Man »–