I don't need to pay for my car.

I have $2500 now, because of that.

Should I spend it on a Mesa Road King Series 2, a Carvin DC145C custom w/ Dimarzios, or save it for later?

(I put this in the pit because of the 'blow it on something random/save it for something else' part)

EDIT: I currenty play a BC Rich IT Beast stock, through a Peavey JSX and out of an Avatar 2x12 w/ v30s. I'm getting an MXR 10-band EQ soon.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
save it, until you see something you REALLY want or need

right now, your just thinking of how to spend it for the sake of spending it man. seriously, keep it for a bit before pissing it away
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by NutZz?
save it, until you see something you REALLY want or need

right now, your just thinking of how to spend it for the sake of spending it man. seriously, keep it for a bit before pissing it away

I've actually had it for years and have always wanted a really professional rig.. I just figured out I don't HAVE to save.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Spend half. I'd take the guitar.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
save and get a Diezel
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
The Carvin sounds good. But I don't know why you'd want to get rid of the JSX. I think it's a pretty good amp.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Blow it! In fact, you should blow it on blow.

I think you should ask yourself if this would be a worthwhile purchase and something you'd be happy with for a long time. If so, then go for it dude; its your money.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Firequacker
I've actually had it for years and have always wanted a really professional rig.. I just figured out I don't HAVE to save.

well if you've really wanted this rig for a long time, I guess go for it?
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
save it, im not sure your age. but you could put it torwards a car or college.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by Iron_Dude
The Carvin sounds good. But I don't know why you'd want to get rid of the JSX. I think it's a pretty good amp.

Are you kidding me? I'd NEVER rid myself of this head. I absolutely love it for soloing, cleans, and some smoother rhythm. I'd still keep it if I got the Road King. I've just read it's a lot more versatile, and that it is very aggressive sounding, which will couple well with my JSX, which I can't get to be aggressive enough, even with the Effects Loop Boost.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
or donate it into my paypal account. its whatever...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
if your a professional musician (some one whos made a career of it) then i think you should spend it since it's an investment. If you just want some gear to play around with while you jam alone or with friends then save it and just use some of it for new gear.

If your really inclined then you could learn how to properly invest it and turn 2500 to
250 000, how sweet would that be.
Quote by Wesseem
if your a professional musician (some one whos made a career of it) then i think you should spend it since it's an investment. If you just want some gear to play around with while you jam alone or with friends then save it and just use some of it for new gear.

If your really inclined then you could learn how to properly invest it and turn 2500 to
250 000, how sweet would that be.

How might I do this?
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
How might I do this?

You find a company that is relatively unknown but holds the key to something America might need. Like Microsoft, except a couple years ago.
Quote by stinger12345
You find a company that is relatively unknown but holds the key to something America might need. Like Microsoft, except a couple years ago.

So, for example, investing stock in a promising company?
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
So, for example, investing stock in a promising company?

That might be crazy enough to work
Go for the Carvin. I would assume you are going to pimp it out, correct? It's not like a base Carvin is that expensive. Or you can buy a JEM. Or a USA Jackson Soloist.

Or that high class hooker.
if you put it in a well diversified mutual fund it could be $400,000 in 50 years pretty easily so I guess its your call, buy a amp today or a house in 50 years.
Since you have a BC Rich I would get a new guitar :P
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Keep thinking about the purchase for a week going over and over looking at reviews.

If you live with your dad listen to what he says, seriously.
Unless he wants you to get something cheap.
i would put most of it on a CD. get some real interest.
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
Actually, despite how impractical the shape and weight of the BC Rich, it plays surprisingly well. Does anyone have any other suggestions concerning amps and guitars? I play a lot of metal, rock, and some neoclassical and progressive stuff, punk, a lot of everything. I pretty much won't go for anything that's not neck-through, equipped with an OFR, or built with ****ty woods. I like either exotic colors or beautiful grains. No matter what I buy guitar-wise, I'll equip it with a tremel-no and Dimarzios.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
Actually, despite how impractical the shape and weight of the BC Rich, it plays surprisingly well. Does anyone have any other suggestions concerning amps and guitars? I play a lot of metal, rock, and some neoclassical and progressive stuff, punk, a lot of everything. I pretty much won't go for anything that's not neck-through, equipped with an OFR, or built with ****ty woods. I like either exotic colors or beautiful grains. No matter what I buy guitar-wise, I'll equip it with a tremel-no and Dimarzios.

I was gonna suggest a PRS Custom 24, but that's a set neck.

Hmm...get a Rivera K-tre!
Quote by im_hungry, imthehitcher, DeathTouch666, BobMarleysGhost, catchy phrase, flyman, cheeseman3001, Cpt.Jackass, evening_crow, just17n8, Ziggums, MoleMania, Baa I'm a Sheep, x_themetalfan_x, hippy12:

Give him a handjob

Had to consolidate the sig.
Quote by InvaderTSN
How the hell do you fellate money?

i thought he wanted to grind up $20 bills and rail 'em.

TS, this is something that really only you can decide. it's nice to have plenty of spare cash around for some type of emergency that might come up, but i would probably spend it.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by greatone_12
if you put it in a well diversified mutual fund it could be $400,000 in 50 years pretty easily so I guess its your call, buy a amp today or a house in 50 years.

Good point but he'd probably want a house in less than 50 years and the way the real estate market is going $400 000 won't buy that glorious of a house in 50 years.
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
Save it. What if you crash your car?
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Save it. Trust me. Because if you don't, you're going to find something you want more, or need more later on. SAVE IT.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Save it. Trust me. Because if you don't, you're going to find something you want more, or need more later on. SAVE IT.

That and keep adding to it. Maybe take $250 out and buy something nice but put the rest away in a bank.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
id save most of it, but keep a little an treat yourself to something decent
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
if you dont have any of these, but it with it.

mp3 player
kickass gaming computer (only 1000 needed for top o the line parts)
huge tv
a pencil sharpener
nex gen console
some good golf clubs
college education?
food
a trip to kings dominion wit friends
a trampoline
awesome sound system in ur car
money in the bank(put it in a cd)
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓