ive been looking for some pickups, like the DynaSonic single-coils or High Sensitive Filtertron pickups found on many Gretsch.. and any Rickenbacker pickups..

arent these available as replacement pickups, dont gretsch ans ricks offer them...

Im planning on using them as a replacements for an 1970s epiphone riviera.

is there any way to get them, ive seen a few on ebay, used, i was hoping to get them new. it makes no sense for me, because what if you happen to have a 2k guitar and one pickup gets ruined, cant you get the original replacement?

gibson and fender do offer replacements for their guitars
cool.. they dont actually have the dynasonic, buth thers a few interesting pickups

anything on the rickenbackers?

i was thinking rick on the neck, and gretsch in middle and bridge (different model though)
(yes im throwing a 3rd pickup in).. what do you think?
theyll probably ask my rickenbakcer serial number before being any help :p

i doubt theyll sell them without guarantee that i own an rick instrument
You could try this . I had my SG pickups reconditioned by this guy and he did an excellent job. I think you'll find his pickups top quality.

Regards
Delboy
the original pickups are not very good.. not worth investing on.. i can get some nice high-gain distorted sounds, but it really lacking clean tones
Quote by briansr
cool.. they dont actually have the dynasonic, buth thers a few interesting pickups

anything on the rickenbackers?

Give TV Jones a call and see if they can do an old dynasonic for you. They might still do it as a cutom order.

For the rickembackers I'd contact Jason lollar. He used to make a lot of stuff like that but then agreed to stop when rickenbacker asked him to. He might be able to make you something or he might be able to point you in the right direction.
Not taking any online orders.