well ive been looking for a guitar with a floyd rose to mod out to make a decent metal guiatr out of and came across this the other day.
http://www.rondomusic.com/seg1pg.html
If I were to get this and put some new pickups in it (not sure of which would be good for metal so any suggestions will be appreciated)and eventualy an original floyd rose once i save up enough.Think it would make a decent metal guitar after those mods?As for the help with pickups I will be playing pantera on it occasionaly but mostly metallica,mudvayne,dragonforce and neoclassical shred type music(malmsteen and the like)I am thinking of a dimarzio breed in bridge not sure on single coil and neck so help me with those and if the breed is a bad decision let me know.If you know of any other cheap guitars that have a licensed floyd to start with since it may be a while till i get enough money for original floyd please inform me,and sorry for the wall of text
Last edited by devinb132 at Jun 29, 2008,
go for one of the Floyd Rose guitars, there decent sounding when you get them and they all come with original FR trems in them and then switch the pups for some EMG 81-85's or some Duncans
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
I already checked those out but they are out of my budget for a project guitar.I could buy the sx and a pickup set for around same price if not cheaper and since im 16 the cheaper the better for a mod project.also on the emgs i dont really like active pickups much i had them on my lp and i liked passives better so ill check out some duncans can anyone recommend some good ones to look at so I dont look at entire duncan line?
Quote by devinb132
well ive been looking for a guitar with a floyd rose to mod out to make a decent metal guiatr out of and came across this the other day.
http://www.rondomusic.com/seg1pg.html
If I were to get this and put some new pickups in it (not sure of which would be good for metal so any suggestions will be appreciated)and eventualy an original floyd rose once i save up enough.Think it would make a decent metal guitar after those mods?As for the help with pickups I will be playing pantera on it occasionaly but mostly metallica,mudvayne,dragonforce and neoclassical shred type music(malmsteen and the like)I am thinking of a dimarzio breed in bridge not sure on single coil and neck so help me with those and if the breed is a bad decision let me know.If you know of any other cheap guitars that have a licensed floyd to start with since it may be a while till i get enough money for original floyd please inform me,and sorry for the wall of text

If you bought that guitar with the intention of replacing the pickups with DiMarzios you would spend more money on pickups than you would on the actual guitar. If you're looking for a metal guitar for 200-400 ( price of that Agile + pickups is where the 200-400 came from ) pick up a used Charvel or Jackson guitar. Also consider used ESP and maybe even Ibanez, any of those company's guitars would smoke that Agile guitar like a chain smoker smokes Camels.
I would do that but i have searched guitar stores and craigslist for my area for the past 6 months and have never found anything under 400 dollars.And I dont feel like waiting on a whim that i may find one within driving distance soon.
if your looking for Duncan passives then go for either a JB(B&N) or a JB(b) and a '59(n) or Invaders
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Massive pedal board
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
another good set, is a Dimebucker and '59....but the Dimebucker and the Invaders are ceramic so they have an active pup kind of sound and output but are really clean
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Massive pedal board
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
From what ive heard the dimebucker sucks,I have never played one so I am not sure on sound but of reviews I read it was pretty shotty quality.Where can I find bill lawrence pickups like dime actualy used?
Quote by devinb132
I would do that but i have searched guitar stores and craigslist for my area for the past 6 months and have never found anything under 400 dollars.And I dont feel like waiting on a whim that i may find one within driving distance soon.

I just watched two beautiful Jackson dinkys go off on eBay last, night both with gorgeous maple necks and 24 frets, nicely sculpted bodies, and loaded with real Seymour Duncan pickups with licenced Jackson Floyd Rose trems, which are actually very nice. They both ended for under $260 with hardshell cases included. I actually bought one, a black DK2M with a hard case, which is a $630 guitar with a $100 Jackson case, a $730 value for a meger $255.

It can be done my freind. It can be done.
Well to do that I would need to be 18 because my mom wont use her credit cards on the computer
Quote by devinb132
Well to do that I would need to be 18 because my mom wont use her credit cards on the computer

Do you live in the US? Set up a free student checking account and get a check card for it, that way you can link the account to paypal and the only persons money being used is yours, not your moms.