Page 1 of 2
Well I watched VH1 Classic's History of Punk and I thought it was pretty bad. It was only about 45 minutes which really didn't give enough time, and there were tons of things that were important to punk that they left out.

Pretty much the whole documentary revolved around the Sex Pistols. Now, the Sex Pistols are great, but the documentary barely talked about the Ramones and other more important punk bands. They made it seem like once the Sex Pistols broke up, the whole punk scene immediately collapsed, and in its ashes came grunge and pop punk.

The thing that pisses me off the most is they didn't talk about the DC scene at all! They didn't even mention Black Flag, Minor Threat, or Bad Brains. It was really a pretty crappy documentary, are their any better punk documentaries I can watch?
If you wanna know about the 80's stuff, "American Hardcore" is enjoyable.
brnh.bandcamp.com
American Hardcore was on youtube.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah they mentioned the NY Dolls, I'm not sure about protopunk (to be honest I'm not much of a punk expert). Name some protopunk bands and I'll try to remember if they mentioned them.

About the last 5 minutes of the damn thing were performances from Nirvana and Green Day.

Thanks Collin, I'll watch some of it right now.
Quote by IcePh0enix
Wow, I didn't realize punks hated Reagan so much.

Really?
Everything I learned about Reagan, I learned from 80's hardcore. *-)

Not really, but ya know...
I watched the first two parts of American Hardcore but my stupid mom is making go to bed now grr...

I'll make sure to watch the rest tomorrow.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Really?
Everything I learned about Reagan, I learned from 80's hardcore. *-)

Not really, but ya know...
I learned it from my mom, who was always saying "Ronald Reagan is the devil"

lurv mai mom
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
American Hardcore the movie was pretty standard information. They covered all the big names, but I guess you can only fit so much into a movie. If you're really curious about old hardcore, the book goes into a lot of detail. I personally enjoyed the whole chapter on the Texas scene, which was my favorite scene as far as hardcore goes, and the movie hardly touched on it.
I rarely watch docs about punk because they tend to make me want to punch out the tv screen. All vh1 docs are terrible anyway so I'm not surprised it sucked.

There are some clips from a doc called UK/DK on youtube. I haven't seen the whole thing but it's probably much better than the one the threadstarter saw.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
it didn't even talk about Echo and the bunnymen?
two and a half men.
Last edited by Cameronrobson at Jun 30, 2008,
Everything VH1 makes is bad. They made something like "greatest metal songs" and im pretty sure slipknot and system of a down were on it.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
So I just watched American Hardcore. Really cool interesting stuff.

What do you guys think of modern hardcore or melodic hardcore?
I'm not sure which one I like more. Although new hardcore lack the raw energy old hardcore had, new hardcore is more expiremental then old hardcore so I guess I like new hardcore more.
I like some new hardcore bands, and I hate some. Just like every genre.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I hate Bad Brians.

They might as well start playing shows with Vegan Reich, the ****ing homophobic asswipes.
I think their Italian too.

I like Bad Brains' music; I hate Bad Brains the people, just because of the homophobia.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Yeah I don't like the members as people (I don't like Henry Rollins or Ian Mackaye as people either) but I like their music.
Quote by original=punk
Oh you're a funny guy.
Italians...
Think about it John...

You hate Bad Brains because of homophobia.

But you hate Italians.

So aren't you just the same as them?

And Hank is god.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Last edited by element4433 at Jun 30, 2008,
Well he didn't have to act like such a jerk to the kid. He kid have just told him he didn't want to be interviewed.
Quote by IcePh0enix
Yeah I don't like the members as people (I don't like Henry Rollins or Ian Mackaye as people either) but I like their music.

Quote by original=punk
You take that back.
Henry Rollins is God incarnate.

I knew he would be immediately destroyed for that! That made my day.
"If a body catch a body comin' through the rye."
I think that's bad ass.

Plus that's 80's Hank, not modern Hank.

This is modern Hank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSBhlw-o9E
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 2