I glued ash together today to start building a bass. I'm wondering about certain things. Such as what pickups, bridge, tuners and electronics to use. It's gonna be put in C standard and I wanna know where I can get a neck cheaper than Warmoth.

Thanks
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
For the neck try eBay or allparts. I would use EMG bass pickups 1 single coil and 1 humbucker thingy in a Fender P-Bass. Goodluck!

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I get my necks from ebay from a guy (store) called NationalMusicSupply. They need nuts and you have to rill the holes at the bass of it to go into the guitar, but they are about $35 bucks apeice (CHEAPPPPPP) and they are not bad necks. He also sells tuners that are decent and pickups, but they are cheap made, not that they sound super bad, but you cant be rough with them. I would say they would never hold up to drop c though. The tuners are about $10-$15 a pair for 4-in-line, or about $10 for 2-2. The pickup was $5 shipped, but as I said, I woudlnt recommend it for that tuning. He sells about everything guitar related and is cheap and fast.
I wanna play some Into Eternity and maybe some In Flames. I like the low tuning and the 5 strings just **** me up too much. I forgot to mention I'm a lefty.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
if i ever built a neck from scratch, i'd add an extra few frets ( like a baritone), maybe even enough to be standard d or c ( a longshot, but hey i can be ambitious?:P)

I mean for a guitar though.. not a bass.. though that would be even crazier:O
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by seek_&_destroy
if i ever built a neck from scratch, i'd add an extra few frets ( like a baritone), maybe even enough to be standard d or c ( a longshot, but hey i can be ambitious?:P)

I mean for a guitar though.. not a bass.. though that would be even crazier:O

You'd need to make the scale longer to make a baritone, not just add a few frets.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.