does a reverse neck actually do anything for tone or is it just for show or something?
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
basically just for looks........
that's it and that's all
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
It's not a reverse neck, usually the headstock is upside down compared to the original design. 100% for cosmetic reasons, for example I think the pointy Jackson headstocks look pretty cool upside down (they look sweet normally too).
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
Def agree with remonster jackson headstocks look amazing both way... and far as my knowledge concerns this it doesnt do jack
Yep, just for looks. I was told reverse headstocks were better for down tuning because there was more tension or something. But thats not true
HI
I think they look realy awkward when your turning the pegs
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i thought the reverse headstocks gave reverse tension to the strings. so instead of the thinnest string feeling tighter it feels looser while keeping the same notes. or at least thats what i heard.

ive also wondered if that same thing transfer over when you lock the nut on a FR. but apparently it doesnt actually do anything?