I'm gonna be buying a pedal with my next paycheck (with some other stuff obviously lol). As of the moment, i have a vox AD15VT and i am receiving a marshall lead 12 mini stack (2x 10 cabs) which is also solid state. And i just feel i'm not getting enough distortion out of the vox, and i dont think the marshall will either. I want something heavy enough for slipknot, cradle of filth, slayer, pantera and System Of A Down.

So whats the heaviest pedal out there?

I'll be buying the EHX Metal Muff at some point, cos i love it, but is there anything heavier?

Death Metal from Digitech maybe?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Quote by pepsi1187
instead of getting pedals for lame amps... get a heavy amp. and NO pedals

+1
i think the metal muff is a good move, digitech sounds pretty fuzzy and digital and poop. it still will work though. and boss heavy pedals all pretty much are like tin cans... everything can get you by but just pick what you want, if i were you i would say the metal muff. go to a shop and try them all out, who knows, you might like digitech
To pepsi and babyboo, i am actually saving up for a Peavey Valveking or a 5150, but as i am saving up slowly and still in the process of choosing one, i would like to start my pedal collection now. One every two weeks or so (i get paid every two weeks)
Dude, instead of spending money on pedals every two weeks, why don't you put the pedal money towards an amp and get it faster?

Then you won't have obsolete pedals when you get the amp.
im pretty sure its a digitech pedal.

my buddy has one, i love the **** outta that pedal.
seriously, from experience get it. it makes his fm100 (fender, bleh) sounds sick as ****
Why would my pedals be obsolete when i get a new amp?

Oh and just to point out to those of you who just say "new amp" i suggest you look at the reviews for the Marshall Lead 12, almost all reviews on HC give it 10 for sound.

I would still used pedals with my new amp, as i'll be getting a noise gate, chromatic tuner, blues driver, reverb, compression+sustainer.

Which will all likely be used.
Quote by codyshredfoo
im pretty sure its a digitech pedal.

my buddy has one, i love the **** outta that pedal.
seriously, from experience get it. it makes his fm100 (fender, bleh) sounds sick as ****

No. I can't speak as to the quality of the pedal, because I've never tried it, but most things I've heard about it have been negative.

Also, you liking your buddy's sound from an apparently mediocre pedal into an even more mediocre amp isn't a legitimate reason for the thread starter to buy one.
Quote by snot_foster25
Dude, instead of spending money on pedals every two weeks, why don't you put the pedal money towards an amp and get it faster?

Then you won't have obsolete pedals when you get the amp.

Getting pedals that sound good wouldn't render them obsolete if they are good pedals.

But I do agree with the new amp thing.

If you must get a pedal, get a Metal Muff.
Quote by snot_foster25
No. I can't speak as to the quality of the pedal, because I've never tried it, but most things I've heard about it have been negative.

Also, you liking your buddy's sound from an apparently mediocre pedal into an even more mediocre amp isn't a legitimate reason for the thread starter to buy one.

hey, hey hey....shhh
Thanks a lot then guys, looks like the Metal Muff is the pedal of choice
ive never played the metal muff, but if you get the chance...try out the metal master, cuz unless im a complete music retard it sounds pretty damn good to me
Quote by Edgey_15
To pepsi and babyboo, i am actually saving up for a Peavey Valveking or a 5150, but as i am saving up slowly and still in the process of choosing one, i would like to start my pedal collection now. One every two weeks or so (i get paid every two weeks)

Do this... *points down*

Quote by snot_foster25

There's absolutely no point in wasting your money on sub-par pedals that aren't going to make your new amp sound better when you get it. And if you seriously can't choose between a VK or 5150, then you need some serious help. 5150 > VK for everything imo. The VK is a good amp... for the price, but a used 5150 blows it away, it might not have quite as good of cleans at high volumes, but instead of wasting money on distortion pedals, you could buy a nice chorus pedal to make the clean channel better, that is, if you need the cleans.

Quote by Edgey_15
Why would my pedals be obsolete when i get a new amp?

Because buying cheap distortion pedals will make your nice amp sound like ****. I had a lot of different dirt pedals before I got my first real amp and sold them all and got an OD because there was no point to having them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
God i really dont like you ignorant people.

And for when i go to a friends house with a ****ty amp that i still want some decent tone out of?

I definately wont ever be selling the little marshall stack i'm getting.

And frankly, if i end up not needing them, i will just do as you did, and sell them.

But sometimes i go to my stepdad's house, who has a Fender Blues Junior, and maybe i'll want some decent distortion (not exactly killer, but hey).

Dont get so ANGRY and INVOLVED about what i choose to do! If you dont want to answer my question, you certainly dont need to post off topic rants towards me.
Quote by imgooley
Getting pedals that sound good wouldn't render them obsolete if they are good pedals.

But I do agree with the new amp thing.

If you must get a pedal, get a Metal Muff.

That's true, what I meant was more like, if he bought a Metal Muff, then bought a Valveking, if the amp gave him enough gain, the Metal Muff would be obsolete, not because it's not a good pedal, but merely because the amp does what it's supposed to.

Either way, the Metal Muff's a good pedal that'll do what you want to do.

Luck to you, bro.
Thats a lot snot_foster Good to see some nice people on UG.

I know i probably seem a bit arrogant myself here, but i know i would get great use out of some pedals. My bands rythm guitarist uses only a bass amp, and so some distortion e.t.c. would be great for him too
Quote by Edgey_15
God i really dont like you ignorant people.

And for when i go to a friends house with a ****ty amp that i still want some decent tone out of?

I definately wont ever be selling the little marshall stack i'm getting.

And frankly, if i end up not needing them, i will just do as you did, and sell them.

But sometimes i go to my stepdad's house, who has a Fender Blues Junior, and maybe i'll want some decent distortion (not exactly killer, but hey).

Dont get so ANGRY and INVOLVED about what i choose to do! If you dont want to answer my question, you certainly dont need to post off topic rants towards me.

hey man im not getting angry...im just telling you what ive played and what i liked
Quote by Edgey_15

No one got "ANGRY" or "INVOLVED," we're just trying to keep you from making the same mistakes we made when we were in your situation. If you're going to get a distortion pedal, then by all means, get one, but I wouldn't buy anything overly expensive if that's all you plan to do with it later, especially when you have the income to buy a new, nicer amp, save as much money as possible and get the best amp you can.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
yeah but you never know, he might buy a pedal and think its the greatest thing on the planet, you gotta fit gear into your setup and tool around with it before you can really decide wether its good or not.
im not telling you to waste your money...but you might buy something that you couldnt live without, and if you dont like something you can just sell it, and if you keep it in good condition then you can get close to the same price you paid for it.

thats just my two cents.