Hi

I have a five string bass thats need restringing and im gonna get a set of light EADGC strings. Only problem is that i can't find the right gauges to look for.

Any suggestions?
Quite likes Corrine Bailey Rae's new album Don't hurt me.
I don't really know what I'm talking about but couldn't you use a really heavy gauge E from a guitar set?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
I don't really know what I'm talking about but couldn't you use a really heavy gauge E from a guitar set?

no. the scale length wouldn't work at all.
Quote by allstrats726
no. the scale length wouldn't work at all.

Of course, I knew I had forgot something.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I've seen some companies sell packs a 3, but in the same gauge, others, only 1 string.

I think for C, common gauges are 30 and 25. Although some companies gett all specific and say .32 or .28
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Last edited by CLIFF_BURTON at Jun 30, 2008,
Just get a 6-string set and use the low B as a flail with which to chase around loved ones.
I use a 0.32 Nickel from D'addario for high C. It sounds great.

You could use a lighter gauge, like 0.30 or 0.28, but they might break easily if you have normal/heavy gauge on other strings.

I have med-light gauge (ex: 0.95 on E string and 0.40 on G string) and I use a 0.32 for C.

Good luck finding it in your local guitar stores though, they usually have little or no stock on these strings.

Hope it helps