So I got my appendix out yesterday, but fortunately, I only had to spend one night in the hospital (thank god). So I got wondering, just HOW can people stand staying in hospitals for really long periods of time?

So pit, what's the biggest operation you've had, or the longest amount of time you've been in hospital?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Broke my leg when I was 3 years old. Quite a complicated fracture. Had to stay in the hospital for 50 days. Needless to say, I needed some counseling after that.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
20 days after i was born.. i had some trouble with my heart lol
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
well...
I was in hospital for like...4 months.
and then 5 months...
In these 5 months, they let me walk for only 2 weeks...
then I had a surgery and haven't rised from the bed for the rest of time..and I was 5.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Respect to everyone who spent more than a week in hospital. I was bored ****less and the pain is really annoying. The nurses were all really nice though.

Now I know how my friend (who has cancer) feels. He has to have chemotherapy 5 and 3 days at a time (over like 9 months).
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I spent a few weeks in hospital when my gut burst, the first week of which was in intensive care. It wasn't much fun, but when I got into the teenagers ward they'd just bought an XBox so I got pretty good at Dead Or Alive
Quote by breadstick
Respect to everyone who spent more than a week in hospital. I was bored ****less and the pain is really annoying. The nurses were all really nice though.

Now I know how my friend (who has cancer) feels. He has to have chemotherapy 5 and 3 days at a time (over like 9 months).

Not to sound offensive, but you only got your appendix removed and spent one night in hospital. I don't think you have any idea how your friend feels. He has to live with the thought that he may not survive.
Quote by smb
I spent a few weeks in hospital when my gut burst, the first week of which was in intensive care. It wasn't much fun, but when I got into the teenagers ward they'd just bought an XBox so I got pretty good at Dead Or Alive

lol yeah man i got awesome at mario kart when i was in
Yeah my appendix got taken out out as well.

Had to stay in hospital for a week.

Because it expolded inside me!
Quote by lithiumftw
i am actually lolling right now!!! lmao!

After 1 and a half long years, someone laughed at one of my posts.

F*CK YEAH
Quote by Inahrima
Not to sound offensive, but you only got your appendix removed and spent one night in hospital. I don't think you have any idea how your friend feels. He has to live with the thought that he may not survive.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that they caught the cancer EXTREMELY early, and the doctors are quite sure that he'll make a full recovery. What I really meant was that before, I sort of didn't recognize that staying in hospital was actually a bad thing, but now after experiencing the environment and multiplying in by several days, I can estimate how it must feel,
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
A week in hospital due to kidney failure

Oh ya and becuase I had about 3785826 scans done on my kidneys, they found out that the left one is smaller than the right xD
Thank YOU 3 month premature birth.......: /
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
had my tonsils taken out on one occasion and sinus surgery on another. Both times were outpatient so I went home the same day. If you wanna stretch it, I stayed in the hospital for two days when I was born. But I obviously can't remember that so it doesn't count.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke