I've always loved Les Pauls,the way they look and the tone.But I hate the neck,it just doesn't feel right.Should I get an SX les paul/a cheap china plywood imitation to satisfy my GAS or should I just keep the money to upgrade my Ibanez?The SX seems to have pretty good specs (hardware may be bad).Can't afford any Epiphones,they're overpriced in my country and it is pretty pricey just to satisfy my GAS.

I may mod the SX cosmetically too,probably relic it or repaint it white and sand the neck like Zakk Wylde's.

Thanks,would love some input.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
I've always loved Les Pauls,the way they look and the tone.But I hate the neck,it just doesn't feel right.Should I get an SX les paul/a cheap china plywood imitation to satisfy my GAS or should I just keep the money to upgrade my Ibanez?The SX seems to have pretty good specs (hardware may be bad).Can't afford any Epiphones,they're overpriced in my country and it is pretty pricey just to satisfy my GAS.

I may mod the SX cosmetically too,probably relic it or repaint it white and sand the neck like Zakk Wylde's.

Thanks,would love some input.

no words come to mind that could possibly express how BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD SX guitars are.

save up and be rewarded
Are you sure?I've heard a lot of good things about SX guitars for the price they offer.And I can't afford Epiphones,not cheap here and Agiles are unavailable here too.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
im sure mate. my friend has an sx and theres nothing that hasnt gone wrong with it. they are bellow the bottom line of guitars. if you save up you will get a much more reliable guitar
As long as you don't play it it's a good buy otherwise it's good bye to your money.
SX? why not Agile? they've been given good reviews and some say they're at par with some Gibsons and Epis. so i'd go for an Agile instead of SX. you can get them at the same online store : www.rondomusic.com

EDIT: didnt read the unavailability of the Agile. sorry.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
TS, what other brands are available there?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by samlocke14
im sure mate. my friend has an sx and theres nothing that hasnt gone wrong with it. they are bellow the bottom line of guitars. if you save up you will get a much more reliable guitar

my SX left handed strat has never broken, and i dropped it. just straight up dropped it. I've been playing it for over 3 years now, every day, for over two hours. maybe your friend has a bad one, but the one i have is very good for the price. Pretty good hardware as well. beautiful cleans.
Moving on,
Rondo music is a very reliable website that, at the least, wont give you a piece of ****. it will give you a decent guitar, but always remember that what you pay is what you get. that AL-3000 is way better than the other one(i dont remember all the model names)
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
SX's can be hit or miss...

I had a KY1-CE24 (PRS-ish thing) that had sloppy routes, a gap in the neck pocket that I could slide a credit card into, REAALLY cheap electronics, a nut that was too small, & I even had one of the set screws snap clean off during a string change. I sunk a lot of time & effort (and three different sets of pickups) into it getting it to a level I was comfortable gigging with before I decided that I just didn't like the way that it felt and gave it to my wife's teen-aged cousin.

---HOWEVER---

I bought an SX tele copy for my brother that was damned near perfect. All I had to do was set the intonation and it was good to go.
Well,the only few brands that aren't too known here are SXs,Staggs,Craftsmans.Not too sure if you guys heard of Craftsman though.

Oh yeah,Epiphones and Gibsons are available,but like I said,I'm just too poor to spend on Epis.Yeah,they're kinda overpriced here.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I don't know how much dough you are looking to spend but if you wait til the 4th, GC will have Epi Lp-100's and another LP on sale for cheap.

When I went Staurday. The Epi LP-100 was $229. If you don't wanna break your bank and are looking into getting an LP type guitar you may want to get that one or the other one that is a step up. both were well under $300
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Just checked. It was definitely the Epiphone LP-100 and the LP Studio. Both were $229
GEAR:

Ibanez Artcore AS73
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
He's not in the US, he won't be able to go to guitar centre will he? He won't be able to order from Musicians Friend either.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
He's not in the US, he won't be able to go to guitar centre will he? He won't be able to order from Musicians Friend either.

Easy...didn't check his whereabouts...
GEAR:

Ibanez Artcore AS73
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
I say save it up for an Epiphone Prophecy. The necks are thinner than regular stock LP necks. How much are you willing to spend? Or save up, at least?
Quote by leviticus_22953
SX? why not Agile? they've been given good reviews and some say they're at par with some Gibsons and Epis. so i'd go for an Agile instead of SX. you can get them at the same online store : www.rondomusic.com

EDIT: didnt read the unavailability of the Agile. sorry.

Why aren't they available?
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
He's actually in Malaysia
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Haha,okay,better clear some stuffs here.I can't order online,because Epiphones are available in Malaysia so they won't ship in anything I order.Feed the Malaysian dealer,y'know.In fact,I can't order anything through the internet,don't have a credit card.

My budget is really just around the SX range.Not much choice,I know.As for the Epiphone Prophecy,I like it but prefer a classic looking LP.Remember that this is gonna be more of a practice guitar for some blues as I usually play metal and shred so it doesn't really fit my tiny Asian hands.

As for Agiles,I've heard from friends that they don't ship to Malaysia,plus I've never seen any Agiles here.I can get a used Epi LP-100 here pretty cheap here but I'm trying to get an LP that looks almost the same as a Gibby.

Tone wouldn't really matter much,I'm gonna get a good amp first.Besides,I'll use it as an experimental guitar.Wanna learn more about gear customization.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I got an SX bass from eBay, and it was probably the best $120 i've spent. I was expecting a horrible feeling fretboard, high action, and everything a cheap guitar would have. I was pleasantly surprised in that it's as comfy to play as my P-Bass was. Granted that was a bass, but i'm not so sure they're as horrid as many people would lead you to believe.