I just got a new job and for the first time in 4-5 years im getting new gear, so im gonna be picking up a POD XT LIVE in the next few weeks

I was wondering tho if anyone could provide some short sound samples (e.g. 30 secs at max or so) showcasing some wah from the expression pedal, flanger , some juicy marshall chugging, mesa etc

Please refrain from linking me to songs, because its just that i want to hear it on its own without production n bass/drums behind it . I wanna hear it raw i guess to put it best.

Now does the XT come with software to edit the patches on ur pc screen or do u need to download it?
Does the XT come with any recording programs? as i remember when the POD 2.0 came out it had Guitar Tracks (don't worry bout suggesting programs to me im just wondering what comes with the pod )

I'm currently using a V-Amp 2 so i CAN'T WAIT to have that massive jump in tonal quality the V-Amp has no balls.

I've read abit on forums about how the XT goes plugs in via USB and u listen to ur recordings via headphones on the unit, how does the XT effect midi play-back?
USA Jackson RR1
Charvel Model 6
Jackson Performer-2
Orange Dark Terror
Hughes & Kettner 112 V30
I have a PODXT Live.

it sucks.

I bought it, used it for a few months, then made a real pedal board.

it's gathering dust in my garage now.

make you're own pedal board, or if you're recording, do the same and get a mic.
Quote by MaXiMuse
Perhaps YouTube or Line6.com?

i forgot to mention i've tried everywhere to find raw samples to no avail n the ones on Line6.com suck
USA Jackson RR1
Charvel Model 6
Jackson Performer-2
Orange Dark Terror
Hughes & Kettner 112 V30
youtube is your best bet. Most bytes i've heard do suck. Nothing like the real thing.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by AussieTerry84
i forgot to mention i've tried everywhere to find raw samples to no avail n the ones on Line6.com suck

That probably implies that the POD XT live itself sucks then.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

It does suck, don't buy it.
Quote by steven seagull

Works for me and that's really all that matters.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
All the stuff in my profile the mp3's exept the conquere all are pod xt
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Check my profile for Pod x3 live clips.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Maybe I should have rephrased that...

"That probably implies that the POD XT live itself would suck for you then."

Honestly, companies dress up the soundclips on their websites to make them sound as good as possible - they're probably better than the thing can ever sound. That means if you don't like them then you're probably not going to like the sounds the Pod makes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Maybe I should have rephrased that...

"That probably implies that the POD XT live itself would suck for you then."

Honestly, companies dress up the soundclips on their websites to make them sound as good as possible - they're probably better than the thing can ever sound. That means if you don't like them then you're probably not going to like the sounds the Pod makes.

I really don't know what it is. I have fairly decent speakers on this computer, but i've heard very few sound bytes that actually do it justice. Same with the Variax. Had i not heard one on a DVD first i doubt that I would own one. That would have been a shame. I didn't know anything about this stuff until i bought that "learn to play" dvd and when the guy started talking about what he was going to play my brain jumped back to 1980 casio midi crap and i'm thinking "no way", but from the first strum of the 12 string model he was playing and then he switches to standard 6 string on the fly. I knew what my next guitar was going to be and I haven't regretted the choice once (although I have regretted a few of the amp choices i've plugged into). The problem with the POD (at least mine) is that it isn't plug and play. It took me the better part of 2 months to really get stuff I liked and forget about the presets, i've had to tweak everyone of them. But once I learned my way around all the sub-directories (there are tons of them) and figured out how they interact it was cake after that.

The other thing is modeling just doesn't like to be plugged into anything. The POD doesn't get along with my Peavey transtube at all. Its ok with my Vox DA 20, but the best i've heard on this thing is by far the Valve Junior. And that's with electric modeling. Acoustic is a different set of rules. To my ear a clean eq'd PA s the best way to go. These are just my opinions of course, but if anything ever happened to my gear i'd go out and get the same thing (well maybe an X3 instead of the XTL) and wouldn't think twice about it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Zephyr77
I have a PODXT Live.

it sucks.

I bought it, used it for a few months, then made a real pedal board.

it's gathering dust in my garage now.

make you're own pedal board, or if you're recording, do the same and get a mic.

any chance of sending it my way?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.