Since I'll be getting a better amp soon, I thought I might as well get a better guitar cable than stock one I have. However, I don't have much knowledge or experience with cables. I hear Monster cables are top-notch, but looking at their prices, I get the feeling they are badly inflated. Planet Waves also seems to be a brand of choice for guitar cables, and they go for much less, considering the features. Plus, Planet Waves makes quality products, IMO.

So, what is your experience with cables of these brands? What other brands do you recommend? What cables do you find to have more value?

Cheers
buy wire, insulation, and heads and make your own.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
I use Neutrik, they're not too expensive but they're amazing quality
ohai little sig.
look at MyStarAudio cables...a twenty footer shouldnt run you more than 18-20 bucks
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
Monster Cables are massively overpriced. I don't have a favorite brand, I just go with whatever black rubber cables are in the middle of the price range. It try to stay away from the ones on clearance.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Monster - yes they are expensive but you spend hundreds on getting the right guitar, amp, effects.............why connect them with sh!t. You gotta have quality connections for the best quality sound.
neutrik jacks and klotz cables. make your own cable with those.
if you dont want to make your own, i suggest planet waves and dimarzio braided cables. they're the best i've used so far.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i use planet waves custome cables and they seem good £15 for a 10ft cable isnt a bad price, also have the planet waves make your own patch cables
my monster cable broke like two weeks after i got it. i was happy to get it at first but it let me down.

now i only use horizon cables. their not as far up there in the cable world as monsters (dont kno why with my experience with them) but i've had my 30ft cable for eight or nine months now and its awesome.
monster cables is not good, at least in my experience. my friend uses monster cables and it stopped working for 2 months, while i have had my planet waves for more than 3 months, and still no problems.

to NSHSpolevault, i wouldnt use any guitar cable longer than 20ft since it would cut your signal. but if you move around the stage a lot without a wireless system, thats reasonable enough to go for a 30ft cable. but for small scale gigs and practices, i suggest getting a shorter cable. just my 0.02.

Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
monster cables is not good, at least in my experience. my friend uses monster cables and it stopped working for 2 months, while i have had my planet waves for more than 3 months, and still no problems.

to NSHSpolevault, i wouldnt use any guitar cable longer than 20ft since it would cut your signal. but if you move around the stage a lot without a wireless system, thats reasonable enough to go for a 30ft cable. but for small scale gigs and practices, i suggest getting a shorter cable. just my 0.02.

yeah i got it for gigs. i think it might only be like a 26 ft but even when i use it for practice it sounds good. but yeah for practice i recomend just going for like a ten foot cable.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!