I have a part-time job in which I do anything from 10-30 hours a week (earning £4.60 - £138 @ min. wage), and I don't get taxed that I know of, because it works out below the UK threshhold over the year.

I'm looking at getting another part-time job at a fixed rate of 23.5 hours a week, earnig £108.10 a week, whilst keeping say 10-15 hours at my old job.

I was wondering if all the wage is added together and taxed as one wage, or whether they're done seperately? And basically, whether it would be worth getting the new job at all.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
the second job is taxed heavily, however if you are still a student/ under18 or something you dont get taxed at all.
The second job iwll be taxed on an emergency tax code, you shouldn't go over the threshold though. You get taxed because it's a second job, but when you get your p60/p45 at the end of the tax year you can claim the tax back from H.M Revenue and Customs.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Thanks guys, I suppose I'll just ask someone in the know when the P60/45 whatever comes around whether I've been taxed too much (guessing they wouldn't tell you themselves).

And @ saphrax, it would make sense I suppose but the hours I'm going to be able to get through this will be really good, plus it saves me looking for another job.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
I know that it rapes us of our hard earned dollars....But it also provides many good services :P
If you're earning under £5000 per annum, or you're a student, then you won't get taxed. Hope that helps!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████