Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from my Roland Cube 60, I have a budget of maybe 500 euro. that's 787 US Dollars. I want something with a an effects loop. I mostly play music like the Clash and some more modern sounding punk, to bands like Rage Against the Machine and Tool. I was looking at an Orange Tiny Terror but I saw that that doesn't have an effects lopp which kinda put me off, but I'd still consider it as an option. (It's the head btw)

So yeah, knock yourselves out please.
fender blues deluxe and then a mean distortion pedal for heavy stuff (landmine ld-1 is a good choice). with this set-up you'll be able to get the best cleans and a monster crunch. (if it's too loud you may want to go with the blues jr.) anyway thats my suggestion
Ok, I have no problems getting a distortion or overdrive pedal, I'll have a look at the blues deluxe.
Btw I'll also be using this amp for small gigs.
Vox AC-30. It has an effects loop, and might just be in your price range, although it might not cover all you play in terms of distortion, but a pedal will fix that. It's british voiced, too, which means it has a similar tone (and i use that term very, very loosely because they both sound pretty different but with the same overall feel) to the tiny terror.
Quote by foob85
Wearable capo? Maybe he means like clamping the capo to his penis and walking around?

Because that's not what I do with my capo.

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
The AC30 is a bit out of my price range sadly.

How is the B-52 AT-100? It seems pretty cheap.
b-52 i have heard its either really bad or really mediocre

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I've heard people call B-52 the poor man's Mesa... but I dunno. I think you should try it out first.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue 40W 1x12" Combo Amp

And a distortion pedal
Quote by CrackerJack465
Amps dont matter.
NeWb!
Why on earth to people constantly suggest Fender Blues/Hot Rod deluxe amps and a distortion pedal? That's a terrible idea. Don't get me wrong, I like the amps, but they are not made for high gain at all. You can do much better with an amp that's actually suited to your tastes.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I guess what I'd really need is some low gain-ish type amp, and I'd probably have to get it overdriven with a pedal or something to get Tool type distortion. Any amp that fits this?
^Why is that the way you need to do it? Why not buy an amp that has the distortion you're looking for?

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Can you get the Crate V series amps over there? If you can, it would suit perfectly IMO, and all you would need is an OD to tighten it up a bit for Tool.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^Why is that the way you need to do it? Why not buy an amp that has the distortion you're looking for?

Well I just thought it because I looked at several amps that cover what I need but won't get the Tool sound with a distortion pedal. Is there an amp that can do the kind of Clash tone (I think they had an AC30) and still do Tool?
Are 5150's more geared towards metal? The only metal I'd really do would be Tool.
Yeah I was actually looking at that, and the only thing that's putting me off is the lack of an effects loop, which I'd quite like as I'd love to have a delay pedal and maybe some more pedals as I'm interested in odd noises etc.
Quote by MrSheen
Yeah I was actually looking at that, and the only thing that's putting me off is the lack of an effects loop, which I'd quite like as I'd love to have a delay pedal and maybe some more pedals as I'm interested in odd noises etc.

But the tone is so perfect, why use effects? :p
You can try running straight into the front, but this only works decently for some effects.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Last edited by chase312 at Jun 30, 2008,
Quote by MrSheen
Well I just thought it because I looked at several amps that cover what I need but won't get the Tool sound with a distortion pedal. Is there an amp that can do the kind of Clash tone (I think they had an AC30) and still do Tool?

Oh, if you're getting an amp that has enough gain for everything you play except tool, then that's a fine idea. Just don't get something that needs an OD right out of the, like a Fender Hot Rod/Blues deluxe.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86