I need a list of things to do to turn my First act Electric, into a bass. I would like a musicman pickup in it. So heres the things. It has 1 humbucker, I figured I would make bigger to fit in the MM, and I figured I would route out the neck slot slightly. What else needs done? It has new electronics. Wouls this be all that needs done?
you would need a new neck and you you need to move the bridge a lot further towards the edge of the body

you're making more work than is necessary by using the first act body, you would be better off getting a bass body and working from there
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
a bass has a longer scale. you need a new neck, tuners, electronics and most probably, a new bridge. if i were you, id buy a new bass.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
It will take alot of effort to do it. More effort then it is worth. Like i said in other threads it would be just to hard but if your really want to go ahead.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I have a bass body comin in today, bu I dont have any use for teh first act. I dont want to sell it, it was my first, but If I can make use of it then alrighty then

Why would you have to move the bridge back? Sure on all basses it is, but what would it do if you left it there, make it sharper?
if you left the bridge there and tryed to go into standard tuning for basses, i would guess either the strings would just hang there, or they would brake the neck
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

how much would that cost?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Depends on if I get good or ****ty parts

Its not really about costs, I have all the time in the world and Ill just buy piece by piece. Its more finding a use for what I have, and Its something I would like to accomplish. If I got cheap parts, its under a hundred, and decent would be about 150. I get my parts from Ebay, so its cheaper than ordering it from a company.
Do you know how scale lengths work, and what effect they have on the guitar? Because if not I really wouldn't recommend this...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
If you're just looking for a use for it, Why not use it to experiment with different tunings like Open G, nashville, baritone etc. ?
You need a new neck.

Basicly, you need to change _everything_ except the body.

I would just buy a bass.
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Way better off just keeping it around the house to use sometimes and for others to play on. For what you are going to have to buy you could just build a bass from scratch.
Okay, first off let me say that this is just an opinion, not trying to get banned here...

This is probably one of the worst ideas I've heard in a while. First of all you are NEVER going to get all this stuff for under 150 bucks. A MM humbucker that is above crap is at least 80 bucks, a Neck is at least $100, 4 tuners $50, bridge $20 if you cheap out on it. $250, thats me low balling it on everything. Secondly, do you know what a scale length is? I'm not trying to undermine you intelligence so please don't be offended. If no, it is the distance between nut and the bridge. I assume that you strat has a 25 inch scale length, your average bass has 34 inch scale length, see why the bridge has to be moved back? I hardly think that your body will be long enough(correct me if I'm wrong as I have never tried this) The bridge has to be at the precise distance from the nut or your intonation will be completely off. Also do you you have any woodworking experience, such as using a router, knowing your proper measurements and such. Because it is not easy stuff, templates have to be precise and accurate or else you'll end up with a piece of crap, and i assume you don't want that. Also what are you going to do about your extra pickup cavity? When you move your bridge back your gonna want to move the new bass pickup back, so it looks pleasing and sounds good right? that means your gonna have to gaping hole where the humbucker used to be... What I'm trying to say is... Just by a bass, ditch the first act... End of Rant

Bass-man43
... What are you doing with the body?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
build a wangcaster bass guitar, i know you want to.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.