ok so i live in australia and i am currently looking at the epiphone elitst..there have been a couple on ebay but overall not a whole lot. so i was wondering if there are any good online music stores that would actually post to Australia i have been looking for ages but so far have found none.
I heard guitars are really expensive in Australia, is it worse than us in England?
/CENTER]
Quote by pl0x
I heard guitars are really expensive in Australia, is it worse than us in England?

yes it is worse lol England is bad, but australia is even worse than us in England lol
Quote by mrbungle50221
yes it is worse lol England is bad, but australia is even worse than us in England lol

At least we have the amps here! xD
/CENTER]
Quote by pl0x

lucky...we cant even buy amps overseas because of different power output
Quote by pl0x

lucky...we cant even buy amps overseas because of different power outputs
Quote by pl0x

lol yeah but still guitars are litterally the same in dollars in the U.S as they are here in pounds so we pay basically double for guitars in England, plus the choice isnt as good.

Stupid Gordon Brown with his taxes:

Import Tax
Import Duty
Tax on the Import Duty (WTF)
Musical Instrument Tax
Wooden Product Tax (changes depending on the wood)
VAT
tax on the VAT
about half of what you pay for the guitar goes to the government so they can give it to lazy bastards who wont work
Quote by .:|Zeppelin|:.
wow that does sound expensive..
god dam overpriced equiptment

yes i know lol playing guitar is probobly the most expensive hobby i know (apart from heroin and cocaine etc lol)
Try import from Japan. I recommend ishibashi.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

If the guitar total, incl. shipping is over $1000, then you will have to pay a 10% customs tax. If the total is under $1000 incl. shipping, then its tax free. On top of that, generally you will pay $200 shipping and you're going to want some insurance. It ends up being almost the same price for guitars over a grand.

It may work out cheaper if its under 1K. Make sure you do all the math before ordering.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
In the UK we get it easy it might be a bit more expensive than USA but its because the pound is stronger currency so therefore it will seem if you compare it to the US dollar it will seem expensive but we get paid enough here to warrant the prices being high and whats really wrong with taxes half the time you won't even notice them... The worst tax is when they take it from your paycheck so you don't even have a choice with paying it. Australia have it bloody hard for instruments and amplifiers as who would want to pay huge amounts for stuff to be imported for them when the shops could get loads imported.

New goal for life that helps Aussies, open up a guitar shop in AU and then import masses of guitars, bass' and amps from USA and sell them at better prices than the other shops
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206