ok i recently bought a 6505 and marshall 1960av cab.
my amp before that was the mg100 half stack.

the cabinet is incredibly heavy and is hard for me to load in the car on my own, could i use the mg 4X12 instead for band practise and just save the 1960 for gigs? would it work alrite or would the speakers just be blown to ****?
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
NO. First off, it would sound terrible.

Secondly, it wouldn't work. The MG cab can only work with the MG head.
so would u say (Try) and sell the mg stack and get a 2x12?
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
cool beans, thanks for the incredibly quick reply btw
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by babyboo666

That is a lie, don't listen to that advice.

It will work fine, might not sound particularly good. But it will work.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by babyboo666

im fairly sure thats not true

but still, the MG412 is a **** cab regardless
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
i read in some places that it works, just cant crank it much cos itll blow, suppose i can always use it while tryin to sell it
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by death_metaller
i read in some places that it works, just cant crank it much cos itll blow, suppose i can always use it while tryin to sell it

Yeah that's quite possible. What I would do is just replace the speakers with V30's, that'd probly cost less than buying a whole new one, unless you go with avatar, which is ****in amazing.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
still, the mg is eh i would sell it and get an avatar 2x12, much better sounding than the 4x12

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Dark_Raven10
Yeah that's quite possible. What I would do is just replace the speakers with V30's, that'd probly cost less than buying a whole new one, unless you go with avatar, which is ****in amazing.

i dont want to replace anything, i have a marshall 1960av, vintage 30 speakers, i was just saying its me and my mum at home and its just so hard gettin it into the car for band practise, cant imagine whatd id do when it actually rains, so its either sell the mgstack and get a 2X12 or use the mg cab
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by death_metaller
i dont want to replace anything, i have a marshall 1960av, vintage 30 speakers, i was just saying its me and my mum at home and its just so hard gettin it into the car for band practise, cant imagine whatd id do when it actually rains, so its either sell the mgstack and get a 2X12 or use the mg cab

I completely understand dude. umm. just try to ebay or craigslist the cab for like $200.... maybe... and get a 2-12 Avatar.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment