ok i've got alot of my own material ready to record - one problem - im not THAT good a guitarist lol. i can play my material fine, just not god enough for recording

does anyoe know any good VSTs which can make a genuine good metal guitar sound if i put a midi file through it?
An excellent choice for showcasing your sound and your band's sound. I don't know much about digital audio workstations but I got some Boss Metal Zone settings which make you sound exactly like Adrian Smith. And it basically plays for you
boss metal zone makes you sound exactly like adrian smith?
what?
i dunno like, personally i dont think you should be recording your stuff if you cant play it yourself, but as far as midi is concerned the best i could suggest is guitar pro?
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
There are solutions too be had in ways of large, expensive, hard to program effectively sample library-based VSTi's, but nothing sounds as good as an actual person playing.

IMO, if you can't play it well enough to record, you aren't "playing your material fine".
Quote by Mcleody
ok i've got alot of my own material ready to record - one problem - im not THAT good a guitarist lol. i can play my material fine, just not god enough for recording

does anyoe know any good VSTs which can make a genuine good metal guitar sound if i put a midi file through it?

heck, if you can play guitar live, you can record guitar just fine.

The great thing about modern digital recording is that you can break sections of the song up only recording little bits here and there, and then put them all into one in the end. With Sonar you can use v-vocal to correct pitch on any audio track as well. (I've yet to try it on guitar but its great on vocals.)

Youll probably have a hard time trying to find a guitar VST ...and even more so at a low price...

The Korg M3 does have some great guitar sounds though:
http://www.karma-lab.com/vp/klvp2.html?playID=40
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 30, 2008,
ok that ministry of rock program seems PERFECT but it is WAYY to expensive

anyone know any similar prgrams to ministry of rock? thats less than $400?

lol
Quote by Mcleody

Then your not ready to record...plain and simple
Quote by kill 'em pretty

i dunno like, personally i dont think you should be recording your stuff if you cant play it yourself...

Quote by PsychomanZ
Then your not ready to record...plain and simple

i really wanna think of myself as a composer, rather than a performer. Unfortunatly i dont exactly have the funds to hire a band to play my material in a studio (let alone buy the previously mentioned "Ministry Of Rock" lol) and none of my local friends who play guitar like the genre of music im composing at the moment - so im kinda stuck with search for this VST alternative