i went to my local store and i asked for a roland 15x. they said that they were out of stock for that amp so they recommened me the microcube. i bought it and did some research to find out that its only TWO ****ING WATT! do you think this is loud enough to jam with my brothers electronic drum kit?
So, uh, you did the research after you bought it... That's not too bright.
I would've just walked out, done the research, and then made a decision.
That being said, it probably won't be loud enough.
"Take chances. Do not go through life wishing, instead go through life remembering. There are too many possibilities out there to let them just pass you by. Above all else, have FUN. You only live once, enjoy it while you can."
nah....not loud enough
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
you could've probably ordered it. or gone to another store.
maybe u can still return the microcube
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
baahhahahaa you gotz t3hpwned!!

srsly, you got owned..., always do some research first!
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

you got seriously owned .

well , you learned a lesson , and try one of the following:

- return it
- sell it
If it's within a few days of sale you may be able to return it for a full refund! Explain that you we're mislead or at least not informed of the amp's power output as you were looking for something around the 15W range when a salesman directed you to this. Perhaps if you are willing to buy the next amp from them as well it'll help with your refund as they will still get your business.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
If it's within a few days of sale you may be able to return it for a full refund! Explain that you we're mislead or at least not informed of the amp's power output as you were looking for something around the 15W range when a salesman directed you to this. Perhaps if you are willing to buy the next amp from them as well it'll help with your refund as they will still get your business.

+1
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

1 -the Microcube is better than the 15X
2 - watts mean nothing, it's just a number. Plug into the amp and turn it up...ooh, it's quite loud, isn't it? There's going to barely any difference between the Microcube and the 15X volumewise.
3 - your brother has an electronic drum kit. Read that again... electronic drum kit, meaning it makes the sound electronically. Meaning it has a volume control. Meaning it can be turned down.

The Microcube is more than good enough and more than loud enough, shut up whining.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The micro cube is suprisingly loud i reckon, and all the built in effects sound pretty good, all depends on how loud the drum machine is tbh. Just give it a go and find out.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by steven seagull
2 - watts mean nothing, it's just a number. Plug into the amp and turn it up...ooh, it's quite loud, isn't it? There's going to barely any difference between the Microcube and the 15X volumewise.
3 - your brother has an electronic drum kit. Read that again... electronic drum kit, meaning it makes the sound electronically. Meaning it has a volume control. Meaning it can be turned down.

The Microcube is more than good enough and more than loud enough, shut up whining.

+1 yeh i agree it really is a lot louder than you think, really good little amp especially seeing as it can run on batterys so you can take it anywhere
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
FTR, my buddies Cube 15 doesn't hold well with a drummer. I have to play so soft it negates the point of playing anything but surf. (Even that is lame). He hasn't played much outside of home practice so 99% of the time it's a good amp for him. He should have gotten the Mircro.
My microcube is louder than my friend's 10 watt ibanez. I dont think you'd have a problem, considering its an electric drum set?
Quote by jj1565
what type of music do you play?

if you play mostly bees in a box music then go wt the MG
if you play transformers, more than meets the eye, then Spider.

Quote by steven seagull

It depends on the amount of dynamics the drummer uses and the volume he/she prefers. In my experience, it's not like drummers enjoy being turned down in any case. For some reason, it's like they're insulted that they have to play softer/quieter.
Obviously, he should return the amp if he's not satisfied. It seems as though it all depends on his brother. If his brother can take being turned down, then it may work just fine. If not, how the Hell can you win that argument?
"Take chances. Do not go through life wishing, instead go through life remembering. There are too many possibilities out there to let them just pass you by. Above all else, have FUN. You only live once, enjoy it while you can."
Quote by steven seagull

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
a DUCK?!?! i coulda swore it was a seagull!!!!

lol...

yea stevenseagull and TNfootballfan always have helpful advice. i'm hoping one day i'll be regarded in the same way they are lol.

if nothing else, use the microcube as a preamp into a bigger amp? but yea, the volume of both amps is still only practice levels.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by TNfootballfan62

its a seagull.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by TNfootballfan62

It's a seagull, mate.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by TNfootballfan62

I'M the duck, thank you very much.
there's a difference!
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by Blompcube
its a seagull.

I didn't want to say anything
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

lol .... calling seagull's seagull a duck may be the funniest thing i've seen in quite a while
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Every post before Seagulls is idiotic

Its pretty loud for its size, definitely one of the best cheap practice amps

Since its an electronic kit, it will of course be able to play along
Last edited by xFilth at Jun 30, 2008,
Quote by Woozye
you got seriously owned .

well , you learned a lesson , and try one of the following:

- return it
- sell it

+1 Buddy! xD

Pwned... and No, it wont be loud enough.. Bahahah.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by slash_rocks2005
lol .... calling seagull's seagull a duck may be the funniest thing i've seen in quite a while

The combination of words "Seagull's seagull a duck" is possibly the funniest thing I've seen in a while

Anyways, the Microcube is a great amp, as unlike the majority of practise amps, there's actually a use for it when you upgrade.

As for jamming. There's no way with a normal kit, but hell, it's an electronic drum kit so just turn it down!

I say keep the amp unless you plan on gettin something substantially bigger.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by steven seagull

+1 the shop actually did you a favour.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TNfootballfan62

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well oyu can jam with an electronic drumset. you can just turn the drumset down.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
http://www.amptone.com/g112.htm

2 watts is 38% as loud as 50 watts.

Using that as an estimate.. I think you should stop bitching..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
That's what the government (and steven seagull) wants you to think. It's actually a duck. It's all one huge conspiracy. Trust me, I read a book about it...
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
you must have some crazy-looking ducks out in tennessee...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TNfootballfan62
That's what the government (and steven seagull) wants you to think. It's actually a duck. It's all one huge conspiracy. Trust me, I read a book about it...

You've even got me wondering now
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

What kind of electric kit is it? Some of them still make a fair bit of noise without the actual electric sounds on.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
if its rated the PROPER BRITISH WAY, then it'll actually get about 4/5 watts.

But its SS, so clipping sounds awful
lol@u
first people go around saying MGs and Spiders are good...

then people go around wanting to use tube amps just for cleans and throw cheap distortion pedals in front of them...

THEN people want to jam with their drummer with a 2 watt microcube...

and NOW we have seagulls that are actually ducks in some government conspiracy?

is it just me or has Hell arrived with irony in a handbasket?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
People like TS are the reason that I'm often ashamed to be a UGer

Such stupidity . . . .
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by timi_hendrix
What kind of electric kit is it? Some of them still make a fair bit of noise without the actual electric sounds on.

aye, those pads do make a bit of noise, now you mention it. I'd have thought the microcube could have got over that (as long as the drummer isn't a retard who equates louder drumming with better drumming), but i could be wrong.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?