hi
im interested in getting an ibanez EW- 20WNE
i was wondering if anyone knows if this guitar is any good cause i cant find any reviews for it.
my main concern is its volume and sound quality when its not plugged in.
I'd buy that thing just for the looks Most Ibanez guitars are quality.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
Havent heard of this version, but the new EW series has been pretty good, both in sound and playability, one thing is for sure: it does look extremely beatiful XD
http://www.guitarshop.net/dean/exotica_select_tigereye.jpg

^ That's the one I have in mind right now, and it sounds amazing. Best thing to do for you is just to go to a big guitarstore which has all kinds of guitars, and just try them out till you find one which suits you.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

I've never played an Ibanez acoustic that I thought was worth buying.

It seems to me that they sacrifice quality in favor of looks, with the hopes of catching the eye of inexperienced guitarists who don't know any better.

There are much better guitars out there in that price range. Go to the store and find what you like. Try out some Seagulls and Epiphone Masterbilts for starters.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I'd buy that thing just for the looks Most Ibanez guitars are quality.

I hope this is sarcasm.

It seems to me that they sacrifice quality in favor of looks, with the hopes of catching the eye of inexperienced guitarists who don't know any better.

There are much better guitars out there in that price range. Go to the store and find what you like. Try out some Seagulls and Epiphone Masterbilts for starters.

This is pretty much what i was gonna say.
Quote by slidething31

+1
I hope this is sarcasm.

Why would that be sarcastic, he's saying that it's a very nice looking guitar, and as a separate statement he says ibanez makes good guitars. Play the guitar before you buy it there's a lot of difference between 2 of the same guitars.
Quote by Matt Chavie

Why would that be sarcastic, he's saying that it's a very nice looking guitar, and as a separate statement he says ibanez makes good guitars. Play the guitar before you buy it there's a lot of difference between 2 of the same guitars.

It would be sarcastic because Ibanez makes pretty ****ty acoustic guitars.
I have an EW- 20WNE and an AW-30 and both sound "okay". For the price I think they sound very good.

Dont get me wrong I like my ibanez guitars but when I bought them I knew NOTHING about the sound quality of a guitar. After playing the Seagulls and Epiphone Masterbilts I wish I would have spent the extra $100 and got one of those.
Quote by slidething31

+1
Why would that be sarcastic, he's saying that it's a very nice looking guitar,

No, he's saying he'd buy it based on the looks alone. Big difference. Big mistake.

and as a separate statement he says ibanez makes good guitars.

This is debatable to say the least especially when it comes to acoustics.
Hmm, I'm not 100% sure but from past experiences I've found there's better acoustics for that price range then ibanezs, don't get me wrong, they look nice, but there's better sounds for the price.

I don't know about US, but in the uk for the same price you could buy a epiphone hummingbird, or I'd personally go for a takamine or tanglewood, nice guitars.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Having gone through your situation I can add some usfull info. Me being a fairly new guitarist (last october) I decided it was time to buy my own guitar, I went in to my local guitar shop and ordered an Ibanez Artwood 40 cutaway, electronics and some fancy vine inlay. Nice guitar although after paying 500 for it and then comparing it to a straight acoustic Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500 I just bought for about the same price I would say, screw all that elctronics crap and fancy finish work and get the best workhorse guitar you can afford...my suggestion would be a straight acoustic Masterbuilt or a lower end Guild or something.