Page 1 of 2
yeah, well basicly he's trying to fire me coz i wear converses to work. anyone else bn fired over ridiculous thngs?

ok. my problems sorted. now just need other peoples stories.
Bad Taste: awesomest of all movies,

360 Gamertag: S3AT0N
Guitars: Jackson RR3
Last edited by MegaUltraTurkey at Jun 30, 2008,
Wear a different pair of shoes or be fired.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
No, thankfully... but yeah if he does give him a good kick in the nuts for us.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
maybe wear a different pair of shoes?
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

tesco. bt there all balck and thts wot the uniform thng says. black shoes.

just wear a decent pair of shoes, its better than being fired
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Like, fight the machine dude. Stick it to the man with your rockstar attitude of NOT WEARING YOUR ****ING WORK UNIFORM.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Yeah, I've had to wear proper shoes to more informal jobs as dress code and it didn't annoy me.
Well, it depends where you work, you could if you worked in somewhere like a shop, but if you have a job at an Undertakers for example you couldn't
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
is it so hard to wear different shoes?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Get over it.
They're not exactly formal shoes.
I'd look at someone funny if they were wearing converse in my tesco.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Black shoes means SHOES. Not trainers. If you aren't working in what the company deems appropriate attire, you are liable to be sacked. If he's already warned you about wearing converses, and you still are, that's insubordination, which is also grounds for being sacked. Your boss isn't in the wrong at all. It's you trying to find a problem with him, which is easily remedied by wearing proper shoes. The company shouldn't change to accomodate you, you have to accomodate the company.
Would it be so hard to wear a different pair of shoes?
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
You have to wear decent shoes to work at Mcdonalds today. Seriously, do you want to wear your shoes (and they're converses, you're obviously expressing your individuallity just like everyone else), or have a job?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Wear different shoes...it's not a big deal man.
Wear different shoes, or lose a job and be broke. Yeah I'd choose the different shoes.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I got fired from guitar center for joking about smoking cigarettes constantly. Not joking constantly, joking about the smoking of cigarettes.

EXACTLY Why women shouldn't be put in positions of power.

but black shoes does not mean sneaker that are black. It means black shoes.
Last edited by merfsullivan at Jun 30, 2008,
Quote by merfsullivan
I got fired from guitar center for joking about smoking cigarettes constantly. Not joking constantly, joking about the smoking of cigarettes.

What does that have to do with anything?

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by merfsullivan

Or exactly why you shouldn't have had that job. If you knew it pissed her off, why persist?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
i cnt afford shoes. i also bought steel toe safety shoes a whil ago and there "not acceptable" as the have the smallest grey part on the heels.

Quote by MegaUltraTurkey
i cnt afford shoes. i also bought steel toe safety shoes and there "not acceptable" as the have the smallest grey part on the heels.

You work in Tesco. Black shoes from Tesco are cheap as ****. And don't you get staff discount?

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by rooster456
Or exactly why you shouldn't have had that job. If you knew it pissed her off, why persist?

Like I said, I didn't constantly makes jokes about it, it was a one time thing.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Black shoes means SHOES. Not trainers. If you aren't working in what the company deems appropriate attire, you are liable to be sacked. If he's already warned you about wearing converses, and you still are, that's insubordination, which is also grounds for being sacked. Your boss isn't in the wrong at all. It's you trying to find a problem with him, which is easily remedied by wearing proper shoes. The company shouldn't change to accomodate you, you have to accomodate the company.

+1

Look around where you're working, TS. Is everyone else wearing smart shoes? That's because it's the dress code

Quote by merfsullivan

What the hell are you talking about?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by rooster456

Like I said, I didn't constantly makes jokes about it, it was a one time thing.

Quote by dancesisidance
What does that have to do with anything?

What does what have to do with anything?

TS asked if we've been fired over anything ridiculous, if that's what you're speaking of.
^yes i did. nt about me nt wearing the right shoes.

Quote by dancesisidance
You work in Tesco. Black shoes from Tesco are cheap as ****. And don't you get staff discount?

nt yet. nt been given my card thng yet. bt im leavin in october after my paid holidays and iv gt enough to mod my strat.

Last edited by MegaUltraTurkey at Jun 30, 2008,
Wear different shoes

It will do wonders for your career
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

+1

= Black Shoes
=/= Black Shoes
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by MegaUltraTurkey
i cnt afford shoes. i also bought steel toe safety shoes a whil ago and there "not acceptable" as the have the smallest grey part on the heels.

You have a job. How can you not afford shoes? Learn to manage your money better.

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I got fired for having a legitimate vacation. They just forgot to tell each other -_-

My flatmate had the same thing happen with WHSmiths. His boss phoned up while he'd gone to visit his parents' for the weekend demanding an explanation for where he was. Even though my flatmate had booked the time off and had it OK'd. Turns out his boss forgot to put it in the books and believed that even though he said it was alright the week before, if its not written in the books, flatmate has no holiday time.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
People shouldn't be encouraging him to 'quit his job and get a better one' rules are there for a reason, a company like Tesco prides itself in it's employees looking smart; everyone else has to wear uniform so you should too, its a part of life, and however uncool it may be, you just have to deal with it. Quitting for a reason like not being able to wear trainers isn't unfair, its you that isn't following the company's policy.
And btw, get some real trainers, converse is teh sux.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
People shouldn't be encouraging him to 'quit his job and get a better one' rules are there for a reason, a company like Tesco prides itself in it's employees looking smart; everyone else has to wear uniform so you should too, its a part of life, and however uncool it may be, you just have to deal with it. Quitting for a reason like not being able to wear trainers isn't unfair, its you that isn't following the company's policy.
And btw, get some real trainers, converse is teh sux.

actually through several months of observation, he only targets the guys with long hair. and of all the managers tht work there, he's the only one who says anythng about my shoes.

Quote by cobain_is_king
+1 = Black Shoes

Holy shit son, look at the heels on those motherfuckers.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Page 1 of 2