At the moment I have a Gibson SG Special. I'm going to sell it soon, i think because the neck is too chunky for me as I have pretty small hands. I really like the Fender 72 telecaster thinline: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1052255/1975ThinlineTele_3.jpg But I thought I'd look around for similar guitars with similar quality and features. I haven't played the guitar yet, but I have played a Fender Telecaster that my uncle has, but they're obviously quite different. So any suggestions on which guitars I could look at?

EDIT: I play things such as indie/rock like arctic monkeys as well as stuff like Jimmy Eat World, So I'd need something pretty versatile.
Last edited by doubtfull at Jun 30, 2008,
Well, what sound are you aiming for? Teles sound different to SG's, so tell us what kind of sound you want...

There are HH teles which sound nothing like teles, but have a good tone, nonetheless. They'll be good cos they feel like teles and sound closer to Gibsons.
You'll notice a difference with scale length too between Gibson's short 24-3/4" and Fender's longer 25-1/2". some Gibson models like your special and the Studio come with chunkier necks. You can get other Gibby models though with the slimmer 60's or modern profile.
Moving on.....
You might be better off with the '72 Deluxe Telecaster. It's basically a solid-body version of the Thinline, except it has a Strat-like headstock and tone controls like that of a Les Paul. Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World actually plays one, too.
Quote by GeekInThePink
You might be better off with the '72 Deluxe Telecaster. It's basically a solid-body version of the Thinline, except it has a Strat-like headstock and tone controls like that of a Les Paul. Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World actually plays one, too.

I actually thought about that guitar, too but I prefered the look of the thinline because of the tele headstock. I'll see if i can try the deluxe. Thanks.
that 72 thinline is semi-acoustic, so are you looking for a solid boy or semi-acoustic?