I got a Ibanez RG 550 and its got a humbucker in the neck, single in the middle, and humbucker in the bridge if you didnt know. Its only got a 3 way switch though. is there a way u can use em all at the same time. Im sure you can coil tap but is that the only way itll work?
It'll be awkward if you want to keep your existing switch. You could get rid of it and use three separate toggles, one for each pickup that will turn them on/off. Or you could just add a switch for two of the PUs (keeping your existing selector sw) that will add the two pickups into the third after.
You might also find a rotary switch that'll give you what you want.
I'm not sure about the 5 way selector though as the Fender one's middle position is for just the middle PU and the two inside ones are for out of phase mixof middle/neck & middle/bridge.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Jun 30, 2008,
so ur saying i should add two switches? im a major noob when it comes to this stuff so simplicity is neccesary. all i really want is the oppurtunity to try different combinations. And im not sure I can play both humbuckers at the same time, kinda want that too.
Last edited by Floodzone004 at Jun 30, 2008,
Quote by Floodzone004
I got a Ibanez RG 550 and its got a humbucker in the neck, single in the middle, and humbucker in the bridge if you didnt know. Its only got a 3 way switch though. is there a way u can use em all at the same time. Im sure you can coil tap but is that the only way itll work?

There's no point in using all three pickups at once, it's not going to sound very good or be particularly useful - it is not going to give you "moar br00talz" if that's what you think.

Also, is your guitar modded or is it stock?

Because if it's stock then it already has a 5 way switch, and I can't think of any earthly reason why someone would bother fitting a 3 way instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Brian May has switches on all his PUs but his guitar is pretty unique. Howeer, having just three toggles switches (one for each) will allow for many combo selections. The switching won't be as fast though as running a single switch.
Moving on.....