Another question about amps for ye. Would a 15w tube amp be relativly louder than a drummer in a small room?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yes
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
If the drummer isn't loud, maybe. Don't expect to have any clean headroom, though.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Only just I can imagine.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
It's a stretch, but you could probably get away with it.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
yeah for the most part
Quote by mitchells_mom
I totally agree with LegionsOfDeath

Quote by Ovenman
Photoshop is for n00bs. Real men use MS paint.

tr00f
Yeah, one of my bands guitarist does it.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
I get over drummer, bassist and another guitarist with my 15W on half volume, so yes.
barely. just about acceptable for a practise, but if you want to jam/ play for audience, no chance.
Quote by ginjaninja
barely. just about acceptable for a practise, but if you want to jam/ play for audience, no chance.

uh... I play every week with my TT with a full band.
Quote by timi_hendrix
I think you'd need 30 to be absolutely sure.

Yeah, that'd be the safe thing.

But it really has more to do with the specific amp and drummer, so it's hard to give a blanket yes or no.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Yeah, that'd be the safe thing.

But it really has more to do with the specific amp and drummer, so it's hard to give a blanket yes or no.

Indeed. I drowned out one drummer with a Valve jr on half volume (I shit you not) once, but with another drummer I've played with a 15 watt amp would struggle.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^Yeah, it's been a long time since i've played with a drummer, but with the one i used to play with, 15 watts wouldn't be heard.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
I can usually get over my current drummer with my MG... that is, when I used it.

For some reason I find it a bit harder to do so with the Valveking.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Probably depends on if your drummer is good enough to have a sense of dynamics and can play quietly enough that people can properly communicat and be tight on stage when they aren't using monitors. For most young bands this is a giant no.

As said before, this depends on the drummer and amp, not all 15w amps have the same apparent volume.
Quote by ginjaninja

My son has played his Crate V16 with a band in his schools auditorium with the volume less than halfway up. It all comes down to the guys you're playing with, and the style of music you're playing. My preference is the 30W minimum, but I like to have a lot of clean headroom.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Depends how loud the drummer is. In my band, 15 watts wouldn't work at all, whereas softer music you could probably get away with it.
Quote by treflip
Depends how loud the drummer is. In my band, 15 watts would work at all, whereas softer music you could probably get away with it.

Softer music would make it worse, loud rock is what 15w amps excel at.

I play hardcore punk and my tiny terror rips those sort of tones at a decent live volume.

However, it would be best to try it out in YOUR band situation first.
Yep, but as someone else said, clean headroom will make you it's bitch.

(you won't have any headroom...)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
My Spider III 15 watt ( ) manages, but definetely not well when using cleans.
My drummer isn't anywhere close to a caveman drummer though.
Quote by iamtompublic
Softer music would make it worse

Softer music means softer drumming, thus quieter, and easier to play over with a 15 watt amp.
Oh, just to say, it would be a Fender Super Champ XD.

And it would be till I got a 2x12 cab or something.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
It will work. I've been doin it for over a year with two different bands. I never have to turn it up past halfway and I still have a good amount of clean headroom. It all depends on how you setup and EQ it. And when you gig, there will be a PA there to mic it anyways.
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Lil Macker
Oh, just to say, it would be a Fender Super Champ XD.

And it would be till I got a 2x12 cab or something.

Great amp and has actually been measured at close to 20 watts.