i heard that if i put my guitar in a bad postion the wood will get weaker or something? i dont have a stand so where and how do i place my guitar when im not using it?
Last edited by himynameisjimmy at Jun 30, 2008,
Buy a stand.
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
your title is a bit funny

but this guy once told me that you should really put the guitar in the case when it isn't going to be used for a while. So i guess in the case would be your best option.

Personally, i put mine anywhere soft, por ejemplo, the sofa, or my bed or on carpet.
but then thats only when im out of my guitar room, where i have a stand.

Tbh, you can probably get a really cheap guitar stand somewhere easily.
Quote by Xn00bX
your title is a bit funny

but this guy once told me that you should really put the guitar in the case when it isn't going to be used for a while. So i guess in the case would be your best option.

Personally, i put mine anywhere soft, por ejemplo, the sofa, or my bed or on carpet.
but then thats only when im out of my guitar room, where i have a stand.

Tbh, you can probably get a really cheap guitar stand somewhere easily.

exactly what this man says.
Buy a stand or wall mount for it, they aint expensive.
Otherwise just make sure to store it in a cool dry place of consistant tempreture i.e. dont lean it on a radiator you'll bend the wood.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
If its leaning on a wall, put the base as close to the wall as possible, that way, the weight is transfered to the base instead of the neck...
wow...

if u can't get your hands on a stand, heres what you should do.

lean your guitar up on something WITH THE STRINGS TOUCHING THE OBJECT...............NOT THE NECK.

if you lean your guitar up against something with the neck touching it, your neck gets bunch on annoying little notches in it.