Well Pit, I have 10 weeks off for summer until A2 starts.

I want to learn how to play drums. Can anyone link me to a good site where I can get basic drum instructions? I already have a drum kit.

I want to get fit again. I will start doing press ups/sit ups and maybe start running. Any advice on what to/what not to do.

And have you got any other advice about what to do to fill my boredom?

And I ask you this, what are you going to do for your summer holiday?

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Playing drums may get you fitter. Very rarely have I seen a fat drummer. And this summer, in preparation for university, I'm getting royally pished as often as I can.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
dude, your asking 4 questions. which one do you want me to answer?
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
keep beat on high hat with quarter or eighth notes, bass drum on beats 1 and 3, snare drum on 2 and 4. that's probably the most basic learning beat you can do, just listen to your favorite music and try to play along with the recordings.

have any friends who work out? go with them, it's way more fun and if they know what they're doing then ask for advice.

learn drums? practice guitar some more. get a job?

I'm spending my summer on UG
Pushups, situps, and running every day will do the trick for getting fit. Do different types of pushups. I do a set of 25 wide pushups, then 50 situps, then 25 triangle pushups, then 50 situps, then 25 wide pushups, and so on. I'm in pretty good shape though. You might want to start with sets of ten.
Aye thanks for the drum advice Strat335.

I personally thought practicing guitar was a given And I'll start to do so when I recover from my hangover from Saturday night.

I might even try to get a job to get a Jackson RR5 that I've wanted for a long time.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by cheese_weasel
Playing drums may get you fitter. Very rarely have I seen a fat drummer. And this summer, in preparation for university, I'm getting royally pished as often as I can.

Actually, my drummer is pretty fat.....
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
no problem, man. just take it SLOW at first. it takes time to get the coordination to keep basic beats and turn them into something more. when you get that down, you'll have to learn fills but i really can't explain how to do that.
Quote by cheese_weasel

Two words:

Gene Hoglan.
Attachments:
Gene_Hoglan-12823.jpg
For the getting fit part, check out bodybuilding.com. It has absolutely EVERYTHING! I think somebody there was writing an article about how to start weight lifting and shtuff like that. Check it out if you're interested, just take some of what they say with a grain of salt; it's a body building website, so alot of the info is aimed at people who have way more specific needs then you or me.
-------

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show
but seriously if you wanna lose weight, get in a habit of running everyday and don't skip it if you dont feel like it. if you want to lose weight, make a commitment and don't let yourself down. it will be hard, but if you stick with it it will be worth it. running everyday will lose more weight than dieting and all that.
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Go out with your friends.
Rent lots of films.
Play lots of video games.
Learn as many instruments/languages/etc. as possible.
Read a book.
Go for a walk.
Find any new hobby.
Find a job.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by fenderbassist12
but seriously if you wanna lose weight, get in a habit of running everyday and don't skip it if you dont feel like it. if you want to lose weight, make a commitment and don't let yourself down. it will be hard, but if you stick with it it will be worth it. running everyday will lose more weight than dieting and all that.

To be honest I wish it was about loosing weight :P I'm 5ft7" and I weight about 112lbs. I'm trying to gain muscle the harder way :/

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by boreamor
To be honest I wish it was about loosing weight :P I'm 5ft7" and I weight about 112lbs. I'm trying to gain muscle the harder way :/

oh, then your in the same situation as me. ha.

well just lift more with fewer reps, and eat a ****load, and make sure you get complex carbs and a lot of protein. about 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by SchmifftyFive
For the getting fit part, check out bodybuilding.com. It has absolutely EVERYTHING! I think somebody there was writing an article about how to start weight lifting and shtuff like that. Check it out if you're interested, just take some of what they say with a grain of salt; it's a body building website, so alot of the info is aimed at people who have way more specific needs then you or me.

Thanks! I'll go check that out.

Quote by fenderbassist12
well just lift more with fewer reps, and eat a ****load, and make sure you get complex carbs and a lot of protein. about 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight

Damn, that's alot of protein :/

I'll keep an eye on my protein in take and increase it, thanks

Oh another thing I need to do this summer. Uni open days. Fun...

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Crafter Cruiser bass
but when u excercise it would be better if you had some sort of protein shake before the workout. the workout should probably be done though with a decently long period of time. i recomend u stretch, do basics like pushups and situps, work your lower back cuz u cant have strong abbs without a strong back, and run (riding your bike for a while could also work just as well). after finish with stretching again and have a glass of chocolate milk itll replenish your system real nicely
also you could get a creatine supplement, it makes your cells use more ATP (energy) so you can lift more than you normally can, thus creating (no pun intended) larger gains. and i heard it inflates your cells with water so you look bigger, but if you don't work out it turns to fat.
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by fenderbassist12
also you could get a creatine supplement, it makes your cells use more ATP (energy) so you can lift more than you normally can, thus creating (no pun intended) larger gains. and i heard it inflates your cells with water so you look bigger, but if you don't work out it turns to fat.

true it does. i try to put some protien powder mixed with creatine into a nice smoothie/shake thing before i work out. and it seriously does help. but the first time you use it it makes u poop weird colors. but hey it works, just mix it with some fruit and some juice (that V8 stuff works nice, just not the normal tomato flavor cuz that stuff is just gross...)