like what would i put to blast beats a gravity beats and other crazy stuff, cause my band had first practice yesterday and ive never played with another instrument and this drummer was really good.
Fender Stratocaster Mexican
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Peavy 112 Valve King 50 Watt Tube Amp

Boss Giga Delay DD20
Boss Overdrive DS20
Boss Compression Sustainer CS-3
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Boss Chorus CS-1
Boss Pedal Board BCB-60
isnt it up to your drummer to put all those crazy drum licks in the songs?
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
If your drummer is doing a drum fill, then you don't have to do much of anything.

Sadly my drummer sucks dick and can't do a drum fill for the life of him, so I don't even have to worry about that.
It's all just about timing, just make sure both of you stay in time together. Even if he's playing 16th blast beats you can be playing quarter notes just until you get used to staying with the drummer. If he's as good as you say he should just be able to follow you, eventually you just get used to playing with a drummer, and you don't even think about staying in time.
Quote by TNA
It's all just about timing, just make sure both of you stay in time together. Even if he's playing 16th blast beats you can be playing quarter notes just until you get used to staying with the drummer. If he's as good as you say he should just be able to follow you, eventually you just get used to playing with a drummer, and you don't even think about staying in time.

yea you just have to keep playing with him and it will get better.

I rememberthe first time i played with a drummer i could harldy stay with him and was messing up like crazy, a few practices later, wasn't even thinking about it and was just playing with him. It just takes time to get use to.
Listen and learn.
Thats what i say.
Listen to what the bands out there do. How they harmonize all the different instruments with eachother. How they play, structure and compose their music. Listen to it and learn and use it.
If he is that good, it is true that he should just be able to follow you.
Take time with it all though. Eventually you will know how each other
play like the back of your hand. And if he is that good, he should under
stand all of that.
You cant always mesh with every other musician - sometimes it just doesnt go, or does go, but in the wrong way.

Lead your drummer if that's how you'd feel confident, and if he's a good drummer, he'll lay down his beats to fit around the other instruments, not to upstage them.