I know you are only supposed to post in english, but would it be okay to post a thread in the pit where people could communicate in another language (I.e, in my case, Italian)? I would like to have the opertunity to commune with other members of my culture about topics in the world, about guitar, or otherwise on UG in my language. I would like a moderators' consent and/or permission. Thank you.
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
There might already be a thread like that; there was definitely a Spanish thread. Problem is, they tend to get overrun by UGers of every language posting whatever oh-so-witty comment they could fit into a free translator.
So....that's a no.....?
I searched it...nothing. So cann I pleaasssee.....
Alright...I'm just gonna PM the pits mod....
I'm new here, but I think you should give the mods a little more than 23 minutes to respond.

_________

_________

Patrick
4jacks
email
my advice is to just not worry about it. the pit mods don't care what language you speak naturally. they also don't really care period. there is just too much stuff to worry about in the pit for them to also have a thread pop up with people speaking Italian in it.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by 4jacks
I'm new here, but I think you should give the mods a little more than 23 minutes to respond.
from your own thread, i can see you're very new to UG, but here you show good sense.

Quote by <SpaceTime>
I know you are only supposed to post in english, but would it be okay to post a thread in the pit where people could communicate in another language (I.e, in my case, Italian)? I would like to have the opertunity to commune with other members of my culture about topics in the world, about guitar, or otherwise on UG in my language. I would like a moderators' consent and/or permission. Thank you.
i seriously doubt that can happen.

in order to monitor and moderate, the Mods need to speak that language.
Otherwise, they won't know when members are insulting, flaming, or spamming.
English is common across more cultures than any other language, so that is the ONLY language permitted.

if you would like to chat with others in another language, I suggest creating a GROUP on the Profile Pages. The owner of the group and any group moderators can control the content there.

good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Dio boia.

Fact is though, most non-English users on here speak some English and do get sympathy from fluent speakers at the worst of times. Always got PMs I guess.]

Worth persuing though.
nope.

if you want to create a group for italian guitarists, go for it, but the forums are for discussions in english only.
from daylight...
...into darkness