I have a new Windows Vista computer, but every computer that I touch it does this thing to me. I'll be doing something, then all of a sudden, a big blue screen pops up and says that Windows must shut down to prevent some kind of error, and this is getting to be rather annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Quote by Skarr
I have a new Windows Vista computer, but every computer that I touch it does this thing to me. I'll be doing something, then all of a sudden, a big blue screen pops up and says that Windows must shut down to prevent some kind of error, and this is getting to be rather annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Problem: Vista
Cure: XP
/thread.
Quote by Moggan13
Personally, i'd buy her a can of Coke, then as she's drinking it say to her "Whats better than Coca Cola?" She'll go "What?" and you shout "CREAM SODA!" And ejaculate in her can.
Last edited by funyguy1357: 147 times : 3-01-08 at 08:17 PM.
Quote by sowhat360
Problem: Microsoft
Cure: Apple

Problem: Apple
Cure: Linux
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed

haha
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Ya one of those lines on there will say what the problem really is....some like Bogus_Driver etc, usually about a third of the way down, just sitting there on its own
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
Quote by sowhat360
Problem: Microsoft
Cure: Apple

Don't bring your fanboyish idiocy into this thread plzkthx.

On topic, I've only blue screened once on my XP machine, and that was over a year ago. Perhaps you should try downloading any MS updates or service pack that you haven't yet; no PC should blue screen that often, unless it's user error.
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed

So you switch from really crappy to just plain crappy?

Microsoft sucks pediod. End of story. XP isn't any better. I second the linux motion.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Quote by The Charm
So you switch from really crappy to just plain crappy?

Microsoft sucks pediod. End of story. XP isn't any better. I second the linux motion.

At least crappy is better than really crappy.
What does the 4 top lines of the bluescreen say?
If you can find that out I might be able to help you.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by Sheepdragon
What does the 4 top lines of the bluescreen say?
If you can find that out I might be able to help you.

Well, as soon as my computer does it again (haha), I'll try to let you know.
Bluescreen's can be caused by a number of things, which is rarely the OS it self's fault, but is more commonly caused by hardware and software conflicts. One of the most typical BSoD I see is "IRQL NO LESS OR EQUAL", which normally means that the RAM chips either is placed wrong on the motherboard or can be damaged in some way, however a lot of other things can also cause them, and they are more commonly caused by the users than anything else. PEBKAC, Problem Exists Between Keyboard and chair . Not necessarily, but that is what I have experienced the most.
i get bluescreens too...
i dont know why
if i let my computer on and go to work and come back its off
sometimes i get it when im on my computer but not that often as if im away from it
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by Toast1337
i get bluescreens too...
i dont know why
if i let my computer on and go to work and come back its off
sometimes i get it when im on my computer but not that often as if im away from it

Well, then find out what the top four lines of the bluescreen says and post it here.
As long as the info I recieve is correct I might be able to figure it out.
Also one of the symptoms of faulty RAM is BSOD's and the computer shutting down, but I can't be sure unless I know what it says. If one of the lines says 'IRQL NO LESS OR EQUAL', it is usually fairly simple, but most BSOD's have some kind of error code or similar instead of a CRUISE CONTROLLED sentence.
Quote by Reject_666_6
Problem: Apple
Cure: Linux

Problem: Linux
Cure: IcyHot
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Quote by Skarr

...what have you been doing on your computer? :s
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Happened to me too. I had to send my laptop back to HP, and they replaced something on my comp it hasn't crashed since.