Im just asking, is there some point in time when you'll know your good at Guitar?

I've been playing for 3 or so years now, and I can't tell if Im good or not. SO is there some kind of way to tell?
I don't think being good means much, I'd rather see a person who isn't very talented and having a bunch of fun rather then someone whos talented and showing off in front of everyone.
if you can play 16th notes in 250 bpm.. dude that`s so not what playing guitar is about..
i mean who cares how good is someone? i suppose you care,the question is why?
define me what is GOOD... some say good is all about technique,some say feel and emotion,
some say both..
what im saying here,just play guitar for your fun.. there`s no contest or anything..
but the need to improve is something that should always be in you... be inspired by guitarists who are "better than you"..
it got kinda philosophic.. but i guess it has to
there is no definition of being "good" in my opinion, you can always play better if you practice. if your are satisfied with your abilities its ok, but there will always be someone whos better than you
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
I wouldn't know
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
It would be nice if you could give a list of songs you could play and the percentages of how well you can play them..

Kidding man. Dude who cares if you are good or not? Even if you are or not, you are still a student of guitar. Why do you play guitar anyways?
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
You can only be good by comparing yourself to others or to your initial goals as a guitarists. Dont focus on being good but just jam with people and continue practicing.
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
I checked out a few of your Youtube vids. I think you're good.

I dont have any. So, I think you may have been looking at my favorites.

@ Other posterrs who actually posted helpful stuff, thank you, yes I play Guitar because I love to and I have fun. But Im always trying to get better.

@Alex S., did you call me stupid?
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
Yeah

Haha, well once I get my camera I'll be uploading some stuff so you guys can tell me whatcha' think
When you realize that you don't need to compare yourself to others because what matters is where you are in relation to where you want to be. That's when you'll know you're good.
Quote by :-D
When you realize that you don't need to compare yourself to others because what matters is where you are in relation to where you want to be. That's when you'll know you're good.

Plus One hundred Thousand.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

I think everyone here is wrong. There is a definition of good guitarist. Just because you feel you don't need to compare yourself to others anymore doesn't mean you are good. If you tried to make a living as a guitarist, you wouldn't say that you think you are where you want to be so they should hire you. A good guitarist should have the necessary technique to play any musical piece, he should know theory and be able to read music. If you can do these you are a good guitarist but of course competition among proficient guitarists are relative like tastes so my statement is correct up to there.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Quote by Attack
I think everyone here is wrong. There is a definition of good guitarist.

No, there isn't. You can't put a definition on something that is entirely subjective.
I dont know you personally, but...

for some reason i automatically assume that if you need to post one of these threads, you're probably not "good", because, if you were "good", whatever that is by your definition, you wouldnt be so self-conscious as to need people to tell you it.

also, "good" has quotations around it to draw attention to this line, that i will repeat again: whatever that is by your definition, because "good" is exactly that, how YOU define it, not how anyone else does.

my 2 cents
Turquoise Team Beasts!