I'm looking to put new pickups in my Epiphone LP custom and i play metal and i would prefer seymour duncans but are seymour duncans heavy enough to play stuff like Iced Earth and Megadeth? and do they sound good in LP's?
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
what sd's do you think of?
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Quote by DimeDarrell666
what sd's do you think of?

Im looking at the SH-6 Distortion for the bridge and the SH-2N Jazz for the neck.
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
For Megadeth-type stuff I recommend Bareknuckle Warpigs. They have a very organic evil-grind otne going on that would kick ass for megadeth. For Power Metal like Iced Earthm actives (EMG) would help you get that cold, hi-fi tone. If you wanted to play both on the same guitar get Seymore Duncan Blackouts. They are active pickups, which will get you the hi-fi sound, and they are more organic-sounding, like the Bareknuckle Warpigs. Best of both worlds
^400 USD is a lot of money to spend on two BKP pickups, if he's just playing through a cruddy Crate SS amp.

I don't recommend upgrading pickups. If you don't like your tone right now for what you play, it's because of your Crate. Those SS amps are awful. Changing your pickups isn't going to radically change your tone - they're only for tweaking.
yea id suggest blackouts or even the mustaine livewire set, basically an active jb and jazz combo, i actually liked them, they gave me the active tone but still maintained enough clarity for a clean tone
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by the Sinner
For Megadeth-type stuff I recommend Bareknuckle Warpigs. They have a very organic evil-grind otne going on that would kick ass for megadeth. For Power Metal like Iced Earthm actives (EMG) would help you get that cold, hi-fi tone. If you wanted to play both on the same guitar get Seymore Duncan Blackouts. They are active pickups, which will get you the hi-fi sound, and they are more organic-sounding, like the Bareknuckle Warpigs. Best of both worlds

Would they sound good in an LP?
Last.fm

the sh 6 seems pretty ok for megadeth-like stuff... but i dont know what the sh 2 sounds like, i think it might not have enough power, but the best would be if you could test them maybe at a music store near you
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Quote by forsaknazrael
^400 USD is a lot of money to spend on two BKP pickups, if he's just playing through a cruddy Crate SS amp.

I don't recommend upgrading pickups. If you don't like your tone right now for what you play, it's because of your Crate. Those SS amps are awful. Changing your pickups isn't going to radically change your tone - they're only for tweaking.

sorry dude i dont have $1000 in my pocket for a tube amp. i think im fine with my Crate for now
Last.fm

Quote by forsaknazrael
^But you have 400 bucks for two pickups?
Not all tube amps cost 1000 dollars, and I'm telling you, a pickup swap doesn't have as big an effect on your tone as you think. Pickups are a small part of your tone. Your amp matter much more.

When did i ever say i had 400 bucks?
Last.fm

Quote by forsaknazrael
That's how much BKP Warpigs would cost.

im not planinng on getting those. im probably gunna take your advise and save up for a tube amp(which will take a while but oh well)
Last.fm

sweet. ill have to check it out
Last.fm