I'm playing an epi les paul standard right now. The lead guitarist in the band i'm joining has a Gibson les paul studio. Do you think i should get a different guitar so we don't sound to similar? I was thinking like an Artcore or an epiphone dot because i love semi-hollows.

he plays through a crate 120 watt something or other
and my amps in the sig if that helps
I want Super Saiyan abilities
nah, dont worry about it, if you want a new guitar go for it, but if you like yours just keep it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

yeah same, if you like your guitar there is no reason to get rid of it, just change your tones a little bit, use different effects, ext. It will be fine...
Your tone will crush his.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
if you wanna go hollowbody go with the artcore they have superior quality towards the epiphones and even the gibsons.
if you guys had like an acoustic and a gibson explorer maybe, but you both have lespauls. Thats good enough, you don't need another.
it'd look weird in my opinion, but not enough to make me not watch a performance
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
it'd look weird in my opinion, but not enough to make me not watch a performance

What?

Why would it look weird?
thanks. i think i'll stick with it but i really like the artcore so we'll see
I want Super Saiyan abilities
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Your tone will crush his.

+1

I have an epi and I've compared it side by side with a friend's gibson, there is a sound difference through my amp (in sig) but not that much really

and with that nice amp you have, it will sound plenty different, and yours will probably sound better imo
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I'd say go for more open rhythm chords as opposed to barre chords, and if your tone is still too similar, get a gibson SG special faded.
It effectively has 2 rhythmn pickups, which will be fine for you anyway.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Why would it look weird at all? Both my guitar players play SG's, granted ones a 61' reissue or whatever year it is, totally blanking out on that. The other is just your standard SG.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Last edited by CNC-Digity at Jun 30, 2008,
He has a crap amp, you have a great one...you'll sound much better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com