To keep this simple, I'm really starting to get fed up of my 'Holiday Band'
(A little back-story: Before I went to unviersity, I was basically the leader - I got us gigs, I pushed them, and it always seemed to work). The last few weeks have just been an exercise in futility in trying to get them to go anywhere, and as my personal music tastes are now rather impressively different to their (I like motley crue, Guns N' Roses, that kinda of thing - They like the Buzzcocks, funeral for a friend, rise against - similar but vastly different), and it's just not working for me, so I'm thinking I may as well start my own thing, and because things seem to work when I'm calling the shots, make it a sort of solo project. My apologies if I come across as a bit of a prick, but that's how I'm seeing it, and I just wanna perform music onstage, which doesn't happen with the old band.
Thoughts, anyone?
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Stay with them and expand your tastes. Rise Against FTW.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
do it up boy, but ibanez kicks ass!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Allow me to clarify - I don't mind rise against and the ilk at all- I practically grew up on modern punk like theirs, and still enjoy listening to it. It's just the case that the music we're playing is a bit... I dunno, it's a bit bland and samey, and I seem to be the only one with a sense of motivation. Considering I'm only play with them for holiday periods anyway (Christmas, Easter, the summer - that kinda deal)... It's just not what I feel inspired to work with anymore.
The rig:
Newcastle United
^That thing's been my f'cking motto! Got a chance at a solo set on thursday (We had a gig, but bass and singer man can't make it, and it's only an open mic anyway, so they're hardly expecting anything approaching Wembley standards, right?) But yeah - Why not, it can't hurt?
The rig:
Newcastle United
Play with them on holidays, and do your own thing all the other days.

Problem solved.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS