When i listen to other people playing the guitar, their sound always seems so much better. Not just their amp settings or guitar, because if im playing with my mate (whos been playing 3-4 years) and he plays my guitar on the exact same settings the sound always seems much better. (i have been playing around 7 months) So are there any tricks? For instance should i pushing down on the fret harder and strumming softer?

TY for any help
it will just develop as you get better and practice. Most of your tone comes from your fingers and the way you play.

Im guessing your friend sounded alot smoother? and clearer?
practice
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I think vibrato has a lot to do with it. Practice vibrato techniques.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Vasser
I think vibrato has a lot to do with it. Practice vibrato techniques.

That gives the n00bs away, constant vibrato is a diversion technique to give your fingers time to move the next note...

Learn to play slower, then build up you're speed gently...
Quote by woodsballplayer

Im guessing your friend sounded alot smoother? and clearer?

Yeah he did.

"uhh, you've only been playing for seven months man

give it some time"

Yeah i did think time had a lot to do with it, i just thought there would be things to aim for. (my guitar teacher comes into school and im not having a lesson for 8 weeks so need something :P)