Every time i try to to a full bend on the 8th fret E string the B string slips under my finger (pinky) and makes a really bad sound. Is there any way i could prevent this? Are there any types of stings that a very good for bending?(Not to easy to do a full bend with a pinky) I DO have a .010 on my E string. If i were to get lighter strings which brand/type should i get that will allow me to bend fairly easily?

Thanks
Yeah dude, I do that all the time. I guess keep practicing until you don't really do that anymore.
Mute the other strings with the fingers you're not using to bend.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
Mute the other strings with the fingers you're not using to bend.

Can't do that.. it's like muting the string behind the finger you are using to fret. The sting slides under my pinky and my pinky ends up holding it so the B string rings.
Quote by szekelymihai
i always avoid bends on the low part of the E string.try to transpose all your playing to the post 12fret area(as you are in the 8th fret)

I could... Might have to...

EDIT: but then i would have to do a 12 fret bend on the D.... just as hard if not harder..
Last edited by Ssargentslayer at Jun 30, 2008,
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Can't do that.. it's like muting the string behind the finger you are using to fret. The sting slides under my pinky and my pinky ends up holding it so the B string rings.

Right hand mute, then? I dunno.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I could... Might have to...

EDIT: but then i would have to do a 12 fret bend on the D.... just as hard if not harder..

yeah or on the 7th fret on G *picks up guitar to see if not talking BS* and continue a bit in that area, than move back.
What song/solo are you stuck at?
IME you just have to learn to bend and not make the strings touch. It took me a while to figure it out but once I had it down it came pretty naturally. Keep practicing.