I've been studying the Jeff Beck style, and the way he plays (strokes with thumb and pointer, ring and middle grab whammy bar, pinky for volume). How does Jeff Beck have his Whammy system set up? It can't be stock because he dives all over the place. Any idea what he uses for his whammy bar?
I believe he has a floating tremolo system, and he has locking tuners too, so that helps. But i'm not really sure about that.
well im sure he developed that style with a pretty much stock vintage strat.
his playing used to be better when it wasnt a gimmick.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Yep Jeff Beck just uses a standard Fender trem. It is easy to set it up to float. you need a piece of wood about 4mm thick (a cigar box top is usually pretty close or I just stack a bunch of credit cards together). Dive bomb your trem and slip the wood under the back of the bridge. Loosen your guitar strings. Now tighten the tremolo springs in the spring cavity enough to cause the bridge to clamp down on the wood. Using a tuner, tune your guitar back up to whatever tuning you use (concert or dropped). After tuning the guitar the block of wood should still be clamped between the bridge and the body. Now remove the block of wood. Your tuning should now be a little sharp that's ok - don't touch the tuning pegs. Instead, with your electric tuner, gradually loosen the two screws in the spring cavity until the two outside strings "the E strings" return to the correct tuning pitch - E if your are tuning to normal concert picth. Now you have a floating stock tremolo that can dive bomb and pull up (about a whole step).
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by Roc8995
It's a standard 2-point fender trem set up to float.

I thought it was the 6 point synchronized vintage trem?
Quote by Sabbath-ologist
Well, he uses a locking tremolo, and a LSR roller nut so that when you use the trem, small bearings in the nut prevent the strings from friction and de-tuning the guitar. www.rees-electric-guitars.com/Pics/Nut-frets.jpg

If you are going to grab a LSR roller nut grab it fast, as few places still carry it and I heard that Fender won't be making them anymore.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by imgooley
I thought it was the 6 point synchronized vintage trem?

Maybe if he's using a vintage strat, but his signature model has a two point.
The LSR is kind of a pain, I prefer a graphite nut and locking tuners.