Hey guys does any one know what gear the guitarist for the Sword uses. I know he has an SG but what amps with what kind of speakers
I'm positive he uses Orange, not sure what kind. Probably Thunderverb or Rocker.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
I'm positive he uses Orange, not sure what kind. Probably Thunderverb or Rocker.

Defo uses an Orange Rockerverb. And a Metal Muff. And he tunes to Drop C with 8's.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Dunno about the metal muff...I'll dig up that magazine, it may be the one with Slash on the cover.

if you could post all the info from the magazine that would be great I really want to augment my arsenal for stoner rock/metal and The Sword's sound is the first place I want to starts.

Thanks to all who have helped so far.

what Kind of speakers does Orange put in their cabs?
thanks
classic metal was originally stoner music (Sabbath) I consider The Sword both stoner rock and classic metal
Quote by forsaknazrael
Err...well, everyone used to do drugs back then. Just because stoners listened to it doesn't make it "stoner music".

true but The Sword's music does have some stoner metal/rock attributes to it that you can deny
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, I've never given any merit to the genre labels "stoner rock" or "stoner metal". They just seem like dumb genre distinctions to me.

Agreed. If that is a distinction that you want, you might as well call Muddy Waters "Stoner Blues".

Classic Metal or Sludge/Southern Metal is what I call them.

Yeah, I used my ’79 Gibson Explorer II, which is loaded with a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge. My amp is an Orange OR80. I recorded the album with a Marshall 4x12 loaded with 70-watt Celestions, but live I couple it with an Orange 4x12 loaded with 60-watt Celestions. For effects, I get all of my distortion from an Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff. I have to turn the treble control all the way down on it, but it’s one of the best distortions I’ve ever used—and I’ve used a lot. I also use a Rocktron Hush and an MXR Phase 90. We both use Ernie Ball strings gauged .010-.052 and Dunlop heavy picks.

I knew one of those dudes used a MM. I was wrong on the string gauge, though.
looks like I'm getting a metal muff and the cab I get for the bandmaster will have to be loaded with 70 watt celestions!!!!