Anyone get angry at their guitarist friends who constantly diss the bass because apparently, it's 100 times easier, doesn't sound good, and is absolutely useless?

All my friends say this, and it pisses me off. So when they actually want to form a band, I'm going to refuse to join, just so they can see how much they suck without a bassist.
You must take it upon yourself to blow him away and show him how awesome the bass actually is.
Quote by zeppelin42
Anyone get angry at their guitarist friends who constantly diss the bass because apparently, it's 100 times easier, doesn't sound good, and is absolutely useless?

All my friends say this, and it pisses me off. So when they actually want to form a band, I'm going to refuse to join, just so they can see how much they suck without a bassist.

Guitarists like that will never admit they need you, you are better off just putting up with it and playing with em rather than lose that chance.
My and the drummer in my band constantly take the piss out of our bassist, but that's just friendly banter.
I would be afraid of him leaving, but he's so **** he's got nothing else to do.
I cannot play the bass for beans
The bass is really one of the most versatile instruments there is
In the band i am currently in, it's pretty much all resting on the bass, cause the guy is wild amazing

But as a guitarist, it even makes me a tad pissed when people rag on bassists
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
my guitarist started on bass and is actually better at it than me (but im horrible at guitar so :p )
he never makes fun of the bass, just my playing sometimes
This has been done an infinite amount of times. We will get the usual flames from some troll, a few patronizing posts from guitarists and a bunch of bass players throwing a mutual appreciation fest.

Learn to hang with people who understand music and appreciate you or learn to put up with the occasional ignorant comments.

And take this to a blog, its a more appropriate place for these types of expressions of frustration and personal comments.

Closing thread.