I wanted to know, is there a difference between an artificial harmonics and pinched harmonics?
P.S. I'm having trouble doing a pinched harmonic on the 3rd fret on G.(Standard Tuning)
Pinched harmonics are just a different way of playing artificial harmonics. Try to find the right spot to hit by hitting the 3rd fret G string normally and tapping places around the picking area.
Ok, Thanks!!! How many different ways can you play Artificial harmonics and which way is the easiest??
I know of two ways but there are probably more more. Pinching and tapping. ( Fret the 6th fet, then tap around the the 10th fret above the fret wire and you should get a harmonic)
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
The most common way to do a pinch harmonic is to slide your thumb towards the bottom of the pick so that when you strike the string your flesh grazes it. I actually found this really hard to learn over the internet. I had to have a guitarist friend teach me, you should do that too if you're having trouble.
D:
Signature.
Quote by ScottB.
I know of two ways but there are probably more more. Pinching and tapping. ( Fret the 6th fet, then tap around the the 10th fret above the fret wire and you should get a harmonic)

if you fret the 6th fret then you should tap the 6+12=18h fret to get a tapped harmonic.